• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sharia student account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pickle
    This is the bog standard (minimum) student offer anyway. If you push them/plead poverty/are doing a good degree like medicine the banks will often give you much more, all of it intrest free.

The cost of the overdraft to the bank is irrelevant if it wins them a lifetime customer.

Though I supose if the student blows themselves upon graduation the upside might not be so great.....

If they can blow themselves they have a promising career in the adult film industry to look forward too

Although as a celebration of graduation it is definately original.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
      nice one!

In other news - Cherie Blair converted to Islam to open a Sharia bank account with £3 mln interest free overdraft facility!

Comment

Originally posted by Erik The VIking
        If they can blow themselves they have a promising career in the adult film industry to look forward too
        Damn, you got in before my edit.

Comment

The "12 archetypes" are, IIRC, a Freudian concept, but I could be wrong.

We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

So if Islamic mortgages don’t charge interest (just a fee which equates to interest) I take it Muslims are happy that their savings dwindle with inflation or is receiving interest ok? ...Bloody hypocrites.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's all a question of phrasing. Sharia doesn't allow you to charge interest, but it does allow you to make a profit.
              Example : You want to buy a flat for 150K. You or I would go to the bank and get a mortgage, but the bank would charge us the dreaded word "interest".
              In a Sharia transaction, the bank buys the flat for 150K, and immediately sells it to the Mussie punter for 200K, making 50K profit, which it's allowed to do, and your Mussie punter spends the next twenty years paying the bank back. The word "interest" appears nowhere. Sorted.

As for receiving interest, again they are not receiving "interest". They are letting the bank look after their money for them, and the bank generously agrees to share some of the money it makes with them. Don't laugh : this is how it works.
              Last edited by Fleetwood; 23 August 2006, 12:23.

Comment

I'd like to get Sharia compatible credit card with very high spending limit.

Comment

You'd be charged a "usage fee" each time you bought something.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    I'd like to get Sharia compatible credit card with very high spending limit.
                    Probably available but it would work the same way - Credit card company buys the product and sells it on to you with a 15% markup.

Comment

Another inventive way to avoid the "interest" issue....

Comment

Working...
                      X