• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moved : Inneresting Facts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the 31st post in this the fact thread.

Comment

There is no proper name for the back of the knee.

Rats cannot be sick.

The planet is accumulating heat at the rate of 4 Hiroshimas per second.
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Saluting derives from the medieval tradition of lifting one's helmet visor when addressing a superior - FACT*

*it actually might not be, I was told it but have not seen any actual evidence for it but I would love it to be true.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
          [quote]Besides HTML, there were some other amusing findings:
          1. 77% of respondents could not identify what SEO means. SEO stands for "Search-Engine Optimization"
          2. 27% identified "gigabyte" as an insect commonly found in South America. A gigabyte is a measurement unit for the storage capacity of an electronic device.
          3. 12% said "USB" is the acronym for a European country. In fact, USB is a type of connector.

Hmm:

a) 77% is rather better than the 100% of so-called "SEO Experts"; they can't identify what it is either
          b) An electronic device like my alarm clock or my kettle?
          c) I thought USB was a protocol. Not the Fourth one of course, 'cos that's already taken.

Ah, all is revealed...

They were presented with both tech and non-tech terms and were asked to choose from three possible definitions.
          The answers were thought up by Marketing Graduates.

Nuff sed.
          Last edited by Sysman; 6 March 2014, 15:42.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X