• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unboomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Cue act 3 'the Jersey Ressurection' in which Suity leads the channel islanders to safety from the jaws of a volcano by parting the English Channel...
    Can't see it. A troublesome gig with an IR35 friendly contract outweighs an easy contract with an IR35 trap contract IMHO.

Jersey consists of ClientCo, Vendor and Consultancy. Vendor supplied a system with business processes to ClientCo. They did this as a JV with "a.n. other" consultancy, who they have now fallen out with.

So the Vendor now owe ClientCo a re-write, to void any IP claims. This means that effectively Vendor has to pay for my time, to deliver something to ClientCo. Consultancy wants to add an offshore capability to the proceedings with me as the onshore guy. ClientCo is keen for this also.

Vendor clearly want to re-write this in their own time, using their permie guys as it's cheaper for them, but they don't have the capacity and have other bigger fish to fry.

They have agreed to get me back. They shook hands. Then the consultancy gave them the project quotation to secure the funds and they then ran for the hills.

ClientCo are pressing for answers/deadlines, but don't seem to get much traction. Consultancy similarly are trying to hammer out a deal.

i'm not sure how situations like this can occur where the vendor holds all the cards, calls the tune and sets the pace. Seems weird to me, and I'm sure there's more to it that I'm not privvy to.

So if there is a Jersey resurraction it's cos they sorted their feet out and got on with it.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X