• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From bottle washer to programmer in 16 weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy Indians

To all PMs : Take external phone and internet access of these monkeys and then see how good they are. Any problem, they run to UNIX and other forums or they make endless calls back home. Dunno if the extra costs of phone bills have been factored into the budget.
    BTW, stop coming here and asking stupid qns AND expecting a serious answer (cheeky cnuts)

Comment

Ywhnb
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix
        Dunno if the extra costs of phone bills have been factored into the budget.
        VoIP is essentially free.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          Ywhnb
          Whnbt
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Monkeys

Amazing what you can train monkeys to do these days.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Re : Cowboy Indians

Who invented the myth of the all-conquering Indian techie ?

I worked with some several years back who were fcuking CRAP !

Needless the client imported them because they were also cheap ........

Capn

Comment

Myth

They don't come cheap either - one place I worked they got 10 of them to replace 3 contractors. Strength in numbers, you may say. They came at half price but the bank didn't save anything, in fact they ended up paying more (just to break even they should have cost 1/3 of the others). Where are the savings then ?

Comment

I also worked in a place where they hired around a hundred Indians on work permits. Out of the hundred, about 5 were really excellent and the other 90 odds absolute duffers. Fecking useless.

Makes the small saving in costs look rather silly.

All of them apart for a handfull were sent packing on masse.

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix
                    They don't come cheap either - one place I worked they got 10 of them to replace 3 contractors. Strength in numbers, you may say. They came at half price but the bank didn't save anything, in fact they ended up paying more (just to break even they should have cost 1/3 of the others). Where are the savings then ?
                    Nowadays outsourcing is more about fashion than cost effectiveness, most outsourcing is now done as a matter of grandstanding for the IT management so that they can be seen by the board to be actually doing something.

And for the Board this is somethng they know other firms are doing and they ve read an article about it in the Sunday Times or somewhere or other therefore its all a good thing.

The fact that it has no tangible benefit for the company is immaterial.

Welcome to the Business World.
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 August 2006, 12:02.

Comment

Working...
                    X