• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's disturbing fact

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    This is sort of mentality that dooms us all. I personally liken it to the days prior to the Great Flood. Not that I was there off course but scripture draws interesting parallels.

oracle I think you have missed the point - it is not the background in various bits of theology that will save you however it is by the believing in Jesus Christ that you receive eternal life. No denomination or theological strand can redeem you.
    Chico you should be sectioned

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
      Chico

Any comments on the Christian Faith and September 11th book which I mentioned ?

Is he correct in saying that Christians should be opposed to Empire ?

From the author ...

God is truth, and churches concerned with God should be concerned with truth," he said yesterday in a telephone interview. "If we decide 9/11 was an inside job as a pretext to enlarge the American empire, Christians above all should be opposed to empire and therefore be particularly concerned to expose the truth about 9/11."
      Alfred I have not read it so cannot comment at this time.
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Any danger of you answering my question Chico?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."
          This is a popular misquotation.

When Jesus said draw the sword he meant those who only conceptualise using weapons for example drawing and sketching swords rather than using them in reality.

So those whom would be pacifists will face Death by the sword.

At this point we must bear in mind the Book Of the Holy Profit Pruffock Chapter 2 verse 6 where the Lord proclaims

Man verily I gavest thou two hands to plunder all you can with ...
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 August 2006, 14:12.

Comment

Kill Chico - he is the anti-christ: I've seen him nailing Jesus!

threaded

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Kill Chico - he is the anti-christ: I've seen him nailing Jesus!

threaded

I saw him in the city and on the mountains of the moon --
              His cross was rather bloody --
              He could hardly roll His stone.
              Oh Jesus save me!

If Jesus saves -- well, He'd better save Himself
              from the gory glory seekers who use His name in death.

Oh father high in heaven --
              smile down upon your son
              whose busy with his money games --
              his women and his gun.
              Oh Jesus save me!

Comment

Mordac the issue at hand is not whether I have broken the seventh commandment or not. The Bible says in Romans 3: 23-25

"...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,through faith in his blood."

Therefore whether you have broken one commandment or all.. Jesus Christ gives us the salvation necessary to escape the judgement we so rightly deserve. As my favourite gospel says

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

John 3:16-18
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Mordac the issue at hand is not whether I have broken the seventh commandment or not.
                  Funny that, it never is, is it?

And you wonder why no-one takes you seriously.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                    Funny that, it never is, is it?

And you wonder why no-one takes you seriously.
                    What is your point?
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

What is your point?
                      Oh dear (TM)
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...