• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Hairy Bikers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbh, I enjoyed the new season, if you look at it as pure light entertainment and not some gastronomic journey, then fine.

As for the dieters stuff b*ll*ks well, that was a load of b*ll*cks really. Anything to sell some cook books to a load of gullible people.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      What other reason is there for 2 untalented and chronically stupid people to keep getting new shows on the BBC.
      Are you talking about Top Gear?

Comment

Originally posted by JPennW View Post
        WGGS. Saw a bit of the hairy bikers last night in Hong Kong in an overpopulated tower block. They were acting very suspiciously as if it was the first time the cameras were on them. Either that or they were very uncomfortable with where they were. Painful to watch, so didn't. Triple D or MvF any day.
        The flat in the tower block was small and housed 5 adults and a child. This included a 70 year old Chinese grandmother who took no sh*t in her kitchen.

Apart from the tripe coming out of their mouths the program was amusing.

They got ripped of buying fish, they ate disgusting Colonial European food, they ate a sweet and sour pork made with ketchup, they got laughed at by a street chef due to their poor cooking ability and they got told off buying fresh veg by elderly ladies. Oh and they can't cook.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Tbh, I enjoyed the new season, if you look at it as pure light entertainment and not some gastronomic journey, then fine.

As for the dieters stuff b*ll*ks well, that was a load of b*ll*cks really. Anything to sell some cook books to a load of gullible people.
          WNS.

Mild entertainment.

But if you feel obliged to pay the optional £146.50/year then knock your socks off.

I know I don't. That's why I don't complain.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            WNS.

Mild entertainment.

But if you feel obliged to pay the optional £146.50/year then knock your socks off.

I know I don't. That's why I don't complain.
            Better than the advert laden kings ransom that sky charge, I get a letter every 2 weeks offering me 12 months half price Sky due to me having subscribed once over 3 yrs ago, am happy with the free stuff + iplayer/4od really.

Comment

Yeah, exactly. I've stopped watching TV for about 5 years and better for it. I'll watch the odd film in cinema if I can stomach the kids texting, shouting and talking throughout the film, but more often than not will simply download via lovefilm, netflix or usenext on the plasma and have a nice meal uninterrupted with GF#1 or GF#2.

Occasionally we'll throw a bit of popcorn on the floor to simulate the old 20th century experience.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Not really. Teaching people you can diet without having to eat salad the whole time is something that is actually relevant to our fat society. It's just another recipe book, but actually rather good recipes.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Not really. Teaching people you can diet without having to eat salad the whole time is something that is actually relevant to our fat society.
                  'Tis true! A great bit of circenses watching gelatinous lardarses being lectured by an ardelio as they fight over 5 loaves of panem!

Comment

Working...
                  X