• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to treat myself...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Deere X758 4wd Diesel Lawn Tractor + 60" Cutting Width Auto Connect Deck

Approx £16k

http://www.multivu.com/assets/60311/...jpg?1360710183

Comment

My old lawn mowers never go to waste:

Comment

I am currently waiting for the quote to pave all the grass to come back then I will have a ceremonial burning of the mower …I hate mowing grass
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          I am currently waiting for the quote to pave all the grass to come back then I will have a ceremonial burning of the mower …I hate mowing grass
          Maybe you should get a sit-on mower.

I'm always telling OH that if he wants me to mow the lawn, that's what he'll have to get.

Don't think the size of our lawn would justify it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
            Maybe you should get a sit-on mower.

I'm always telling OH that if he wants me to mow the lawn, that's what he'll have to get.

Don't think the size of our lawn would justify it though.
            Ditto - cheaper & easier to pave
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Hayter 48

Mine is 19 years old and still works a treat - I bought it new for about £600. I get it serviced every 4 years or so, costs about £100. Recommended.

Comment

Mow the lawn and train for the L2B at the same time....

Comment

I know I am going to be thought "weird"....

I have 12 Mowers and 2 Lawn Tractors (well, 1 of them is going to be go-karted).

1 Electric Flymo - pile of poo which is only good for tiny lawns needing a rough cut.
                  1 Mountfield 35 Rotary petrol - ditto
                  1 Masport Rotarola Rotary petrol with rear roller and aluminium deck - great allround rough cut
                  1 x 20" ATCO De Luxe petrol (mid-60's) - classic cylinder mower
                  4 x 17" Suffolk Punch petrol (2 are QX) - the older ones are much better than the new
                  1 x 17" Atco Electric cylinder - too heavy for anything but a flat lawn
                  1 x 14" Atco Ensign petrol cylinder - the best allrounder
                  1 x 14" Suffolk Super Colt (early 1960's) petrol cylinder - the best by far, insofar as cut and control is concerned, but a bit loud
                  1 x 14" Suffolk Colt (early 1960's) petrol cylinder - a great drive, but has 2 clutches, one manual dog clutch, the other centrifugal. Brilliant in every respect, but for the fact that it runs away with you!

I buy them in poor states and recon. the engines, carbs and electrics.

My only advice is that you buy a Honda, if you are going to buy a rotary. If you are going to buy a cylinder mower, petrol not electric. It is better to spend £100 on a 2nd hand cylinder than £200 on a cheap rotary, if you don't mow sticks and stones (they do not like hard objects in their cylinders) and you aren't on steep slopes.

Have a look here about ridding your lawn of the crab-grass...

If you want proper stripes, only a cylinder will do.

Anally retentively yours.
                  Scruff the Meshugeneh
                  Last edited by Scruff; 11 February 2014, 21:29. Reason: My spelling tonight is unaffected by wine, but by traffic exhaustion...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

A grand for a regular push-mower?! I'm curious, what do you get for that money above a standard £200 (I'm guessing) kind of model? I mean a ride-on mower I can see is a lot more kit, and they get bigger and bigger and faster and faster as you spend more but this looks just like what dad used to decimate the bit of lawn which grew 3' high in weeds every summer.

This is my pride and joy, but we live in the city-centre and have a lawn about 4m x 4m which takes a minute to mow

Last edited by d000hg; 11 February 2014, 21:21.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X