• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airbus A380 Cattle Class

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one time Mrs Scooter & I flew over to NY for the weekend on business for valentines. On the return trip at JFK in the business lounge there was the option to have a facial (you dirty bugger you, the other one). Then there was a knock knock on the door some 20 minutes later, madam your flight is waiting. Unknown to Mrs Scooter and myself the flight has completely boarded and the only reason we were not taxing out was because Mrs was having some treatments applied...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Quite a difference between front and back.

They do seem to pack a lot of people into the same space I use for a glass of wine and a good book.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Only useful for the little people.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Only useful for the little people.
          Very little indeed, looking at those seats.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My first long haul to Thailand had the Scottish rugby team on board in economy going on a tour of Australia. It was a bit claustophobic.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
              My first long haul to Thailand had the Scottish rugby team on board in economy going on a tour of Australia. It was a bit frightening.

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                This one time Mrs Scooter & I flew over to NY for the weekend on business for valentines. On the return trip at JFK in the business lounge there was the option to have a facial (you dirty bugger you, the other one). Then there was a knock knock on the door some 20 minutes later, madam your flight is waiting. Unknown to Mrs Scooter and myself the flight has completely boarded and the only reason we were not taxing out was because Mrs was having some treatments applied...
                Being a peasant I'd never experienced anything >economy until last year. For our honeymoon, we flew Virgin Premium Economy to NYC and booked the Virgin Clubhouses at JFK and LHR. It's spoiled me now; what a wonderful way to travel - on the way out the Mrs had her nails done while I did a bit of geeky plane watching and drank lots of beer.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Being a peasant I'd never experienced anything >economy until last year. For our honeymoon, we flew Virgin Premium Economy to NYC and booked the Virgin Clubhouses at JFK and LHR. It's spoiled me now; what a wonderful way to travel - on the way out the Mrs had her nails done while I did a bit of geeky plane watching and drank lots of beer.
                  I know what you mean. I've done so much travelling paid for by clients over the past few years (so minimum Prem Econ, up to First Class for one client) that I'm a bit spoiled too. Before that I'd always fly myself economy, or on budget airlines.

I went to Madeira a couple of years ago, my first holiday abroad for years. To fly direct the only choice was EasyJet... a bit of a shock to the system!
                  Luckily I clocked up enough miles to buy Business Class tickets the last couple of times my wife and I went on holiday.
                  Going to Berlin in a couple of months and we're booked on Lufthansa's budget airline. I'm not looking forward to it, but at least it's cheap and a short flight.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    This is how the hook you in. The Mrs & I many moons ago were travelling to India from UAE, economy. At the gate our boarding cards were taken, the seat number crossed out and replace with 2A 2B, we're like, eh? The we're on-board like giggling children unwrapping the presents on Christmas more.

Look (as the economy passengers walked past) I said to the wife, I lift my feet and they touch nothing!!

http://youtu.be/QKGnFaeelOM?t=2m26s

Skip to 2:46

Last edited by scooterscot; 5 February 2014, 13:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                      I know what you mean. I've done so much travelling paid for by clients over the past few years (so minimum Prem Econ, up to First Class for one client) that I'm a bit spoiled too. Before that I'd always fly myself economy, or on budget airlines.

I went to Madeira a couple of years ago, my first holiday abroad for years. To fly direct the only choice was EasyJet... a bit of a shock to the system!
                      Luckily I clocked up enough miles to buy Business Class tickets the last couple of times my wife and I went on holiday.
                      I'm sure it'll be fine.

It's the ones packed with oikish Brits heading for the Costas that you want to avoid. Oddly I took a Vueling flight recently from Alicante to Ibiza and it was practically empty - so budget flights aren't always bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X