• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Borked Temperature control on Shower

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the state of maintenance, it's going to be interesting when you bleed the radiators.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Given the state of maintenance, it's going to be interesting when you bleed the radiators.
      Thankfully no problems there They had a new boiler installed ( thankfully not by themselves) and some of the radiators are new.

Though there will be an interesting recorded letter heading the way of the previous owners.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        That's not the worst.

Already had to replace the floor in the shower due to the cost cutting efforts of the previous owners, they re-tiled the bathroom and didn't remove the original tiles and also didn't reseal the tiles, so they leaked downstairs to the kitchen ceiling which part had to be redone as well.

We also had to rewire the house as well before moving in because the previous owners took short cuts in doing the wiring themselves, some of which included not bothering earthing and using the wrong wiring which had started to get frazzled in places.

Then there was the leak in the roof, which had to be re-lined and possibly another leak in a terrace, which will have to be done.

I would like to get the bathrooms re-done but that budget has been blown and preference is now with replacing the 30 year old double glazing.

Dutch people are great fans of DIY and using the cheapest materials possible, which we found out the hard way.
        Oh blimey, now I feel sorry for you.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Oh blimey, now I feel sorry for you.
          Luckily I had a good warchest and found a really good renovation company who had the right people at his disposal who did some excellent work and at a reasonable price

The thing that matters now is we have a lovely house that is pretty much up to spec, apart from a few bits and pieces, but the major work was out of the way before we moved in.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

WD40 has been applied, will give it a while to work, failing that I'll be taking it apart and cleaning it

Norrahe's blog

Comment

WD40 seems to be doing the job, will give it a couple more days.

Thankfully we have a shower in the ensuite which is newer......

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Don't you have a man about the house to do these jobs?

I leave all the DIY to my OH, though he's trying to get out of clearing out the attic this weekend by claiming not being able to climb a ladder after getting his jolly bag caught in his zip yesterday morning

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                  Don't you have a man about the house to do these jobs?

I leave all the DIY to my OH, though he's trying to get out of clearing out the attic this weekend by claiming not being able to climb a ladder after getting his jolly bag caught in his zip yesterday morning
                  Jeeves is on holliers atm, unfortunately.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                  X