• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fleetwood

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fleetwood
    8.2 litre engine. Crushed Dralon upholstery, foot-rests, 8 track player, three-point turns with one finger on the steering-wheel, 12 mpg. etc etc etc
    Mmmmm, Nothing says Pimp like Crushed Draylon....

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
      The engine put out 180bhp....
      Sh1te then - less than Golf GTI does from 2 liters, and it weights probably 2 times less. What was the 0-60mph on that aweful piece of junk?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Sh1te then - less than Golf GTI does from 2 liters, and it weights probably 2 times less. What was the 0-60mph on that aweful piece of junk?

And who's gonna look at you in yet another VW Clitoris? It's not about the numbers it's about the style. You can't look pimp in a GTI, no matter how hard you try
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          It's beautiful, not a piece of junk.
          As for 0-60, I don't know and I don't care. The speedo went up to 100 mph, though.
          The car was extremely good at going at 60mph in a straight line, which is exactly what it was designed to do...
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            And who's gonna look at you in yet another VW Clitoris? It's not about the numbers it's about the style. You can't look pimp in a GTI, no matter how hard you try
            Exactly. The PVPPS* coefficient on a seventies Caddy is incredible. You can get one of those for two and a half grand.
            Mine was £800, but needed a respray.

(*Pose Value Per Pound Spent)
            We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

True Golf GTIs are boring, true, but what I was saying is that Golf push out far more BPH then 8.2 liter monstrocity - that's why our climate is now going to hell!

Such cars should be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                True Golf GTIs are boring, true, but what I was saying is that Golf push out far more BPH then 8.2 liter monstrocity - that's why our climate is now going to hell!

Such cars should be banned.
                There's so much so wrong in your last couple of posts, Alex old chap... but I can't be arsed to comment...
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X