• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's been banned and why? Your right to reply.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Oh lawd yes. And probably completely unreasonable.

I'm intrigued if the policy on no bad taste jokes on tragedy threads extends to all CUKers or just a lucky few :
    I believe the level of funniness is taken into consideration. Mine were, I now accept, in bad taste as they were a little too early after the event, but they were genuinely funny. You get banned for bad taste and lack of humour.

HTH.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      I believe the level of funniness is taken into consideration. Mine were, I now accept, in bad taste as they were a little too early after the event, but they were genuinely funny. You get banned for bad taste and lack of humour.

HTH.
      Ad hominem argument. Plus funny is a subjective measure. You did the crime so should do the time.

A real man would be asking to be banned.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Plus funny is a subjective measure.
        I find that very funny

Comment

Ad hominem argument. Plus funny is a subjective measure. You did the crime so should do the time.

Not ad hominem at all, I was attacking your material not you personally, I'll leave others to do that as they do it so well.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            I find that very funny

Comment

I'm intrigued if the policy on no bad taste jokes on tragedy threads extends to all CUKers or just a lucky few :
              Why not report it and find out?

Comment

Not ad hominem at all, I was attacking your material not you personally, I'll leave others to do that as they do it so well.
                I believe when the subject of your argument is you, as in "your lack of humour" it is ad hominem.

Back on topic, you gonna man up and do the time or wuss out?

:

Comment

Not ad hominem at all, I was attacking your material not you personally, I'll leave it to you to do that as you do it so well.
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Why not report it and find out?
                    Hey you! I reported both posts.

Comment

Policy?

What makes you think its anything more sophisticated than

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X