• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No tulip, Sherlock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Spot on there as usual, I was reading an article this morning about deprivation in parts of Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle due to central govenrment cutting handouts
    was that before or after the council wasting money on overpaid staff & massive pensions?

I suppose you mean this?

More than 270,000 poorest households in England face £80 council tax rise | Money | The Guardian

but of course they forget to mention this

https://www.gov.uk/government/polici...alue-for-money

So they have had a £2B subsidy but a £0.5B reduction in grant?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ask all the wealthy expats in Eindhoven if they speak any Dutch. (Probably their English is poor, too)

Apply the same terms of comparison to the UK.

Think. (Not applicable to UKIP fans)
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
        Ask all the wealthy expats in Eindhoven if they speak any Dutch. (Probably their English is poor, too)

Apply the same terms of comparison to the UK.

Think. (Not applicable to UKIP fans)
        So what you're saying is that you should take like for like:
        Wealthy people living in a country where their own tongue is extremely widely understood and used by the native population and does not impact on their ability to work, and
        Mixed income people (although this report actually focuses on those of very low wealth) living in a country where their own tongue is not understood or used by any more than a tiny proportion of the native population and means that a large proportion are economically inactive.

Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          You should expect a hefty increase in council tax because Govt cuts amount of money given to councils.
          Councils should raise most of their own money directly from people in the borough. they would then be held responsible by the local electorate.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Councils should raise most of their own money directly from people in the borough. they would then be held responsible by the local electorate.
            I pay over £2k a year in council tax and honestly the service aint that great.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I pay over £2k a year in council tax and honestly the service aint that great.
              My guess is you're subsidising those who don't pay.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

those who don't pay.
                Does that include contractors whose ltd is domiciled in the colonies?
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

My guess is you're subsidising those who don't pay.
                  now yes, because the government has removed the central grant.

if you look at a lot of these areas they have rubbish council tax collection rates.

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                    Does that include contractors whose ltd is domiciled in the colonies?
                    Sorry buddy I guess I'm missing the point on this one
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      now yes, because the government has removed the central grant.

if you look at a lot of these areas they have rubbish council tax collection rates.
                      Shame there's no opt out, I'd happily take my own rubbish to the tip
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X