• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JP Morgan building plunge victim was IT chief at bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets get to the bottom of this....

I checked out their careers page last night, sure enough they're looking for someone of me mathematical background.

I shall apply for a laugh, go in undercover, and report back with my findings.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

An employee of JPMorgan fell to his death in Hong Kong Tuesday, the second apparent suicide at the bank in a matter of weeks.

Police said the 33-year old man jumped from the top of JPMorgan's regional headquarters in the city's central business district. He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital at 2:30 p.m.

The death of the Hong Kong resident was being treated as a suicide, police said, adding that they were investigating pressure of work as a possible motive.
      Second JPMorgan employee dies in a fall - Feb. 19, 2014

Comment

so glad I've never felt the urge to work in the IB arena.

This is awful
        If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
          so glad I've never felt the urge to work in the IB arena.

This is awful
          Plenty of people manage it without topping themselves. Some people are just predisposed to it.

Comment

I have applied for the vacancy.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I have applied for the vacancy.
              Have mercy for people still working there, if you join they'd have only one way out ...

Comment

IBs tend to be in tall buildings with huge numbers of people in them. I'm sure that when you factor that into the statistics it's not such of an IB particular situation - more of a tall building and lots of people situation.

Comment

Good spot. Thanks.

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Plenty of people manage it without topping themselves. Some people are just predisposed to it.
                  Maybe some banks make people more predisposed to killing themselves.

After all autism is a genetic condition. More are becoming autistic due to extra exposure to noise in society. I hope those mothers who play their foetuses music in the womb are happy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Good spot. Thanks.

Maybe some banks make people more predisposed to killing themselves.

After all autism is a genetic condition. More are becoming autistic due to extra exposure to noise in society. I hope those mothers who play their foetuses music in the womb are happy.
                    Autism is just an excuse for poor parenting.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Autism is just an excuse for poor parenting.
                      You are a poor excuse for a human being.

Why are you posting on here? Plenty of toilets to be cleaned you know. Once they are sparkling you can post some more of your jet-set fantasies.

Comment

Working...
                      X