• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JP Morgan building plunge victim was IT chief at bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter is diagnose as a high functioning autistic (we get special statements and everything!).

I neither know nor care what causes it, apparently I am autistic myself but when I was as school it was called 'weird' so it might be genetic. Also there might have been parenting issues which caused it but my son is fine.

We have to take care to explain plans to her and not let them deviate or she gets very upset, we have to ask people to let us know when they are coming over so we can warn her etc. However, no two children are the same and whether she has a special label or not makes no difference. We enforce the same rules on her as her brother and we allow her autism to explain some actions but not excuse them etc.

When she is interacting with other children you can see the difference in various ways, personally just I don't care. She is quirky but so is any other 5 year old in their own way.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Brillo suffers from Assburglers so I've been told.
      You suffer from a thick lip. Whenever anyone with sense is around.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        So as my son IS autistic you are saying that we did not meet his emotional needs. You have literally no clue what you are talking about. You don't know me or my family or how whe have brought my son up yet you feel that you can cast about your half witted generalisations about him and us. I wouldn't wish an autistic kid on anybody, but for you I'll make an exception. Then, with actual experiance, you might have a chance of realising just how much sh1t you are spouting.
        You really should feel sorry for MF. To be that much of a sad, despised twunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Yes, that's pretty obvious, but now tell us again; is autism caused by bad parenting?
          Autism is giving parents an excuse to blame their kids tulipty behaviour on something and thus they are able to be a tulip parent a blame everyone else.

harsh on those with kids who generally do have restrictive behaviour but far to many or just little fookin sh!ts who need a good slap.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Autism is giving parents an excuse to blame their kids tulipty behaviour on something and thus they are able to be a tulip parent a blame everyone else.

harsh on those with kids who generally do have restrictive behaviour but far to many or just little fookin sh!ts who need a good slap.
            It's often schools that look for a diagnosis rather than the parents.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

just little fookin sh!ts who need a good slap.
              Like MF?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                My daughter is diagnose as a high functioning autistic (we get special statements and everything!).

I neither know nor care what causes it, apparently I am autistic myself but when I was as school it was called 'weird' so it might be genetic. Also there might have been parenting issues which caused it but my son is fine.

We have to take care to explain plans to her and not let them deviate or she gets very upset, we have to ask people to let us know when they are coming over so we can warn her etc. However, no two children are the same and whether she has a special label or not makes no difference. We enforce the same rules on her as her brother and we allow her autism to explain some actions but not excuse them etc.

When she is interacting with other children you can see the difference in various ways, personally just I don't care. She is quirky but so is any other 5 year old in their own way.
                I have noticed that my autistic kids(both are quite severe - they get DLA at the middle rate) get upset with sensory overload. So I avoid places where there is sensory overload or put control measures in place. This is caused by sensory overload in the womb. Autism can be contained in some cases by learning how to cope with sensory overload situations and wiring the brain in a better way - effectively undoing the "damage" in the womb(I dont believe that Autism is entirely a bad thing).

Of course every autistic child is different and what helps me and my children may not help all autistic children.

Very good book on this - the brain that changes itself.

Comment

Indeed. It really fooking winds me up. There are more autistic kids around - but it really hacks me off when naughty kids get diagnosed with a genuine illness.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  It's often schools that look for a diagnosis rather than the parents.
                  Who can blame them? They get extra money. Play the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Like MF?
                    I don't.

You?

Comment

Interesting article here

Causes of Autism Spectrum Disorders Autism

870% increase in autism between 1990 and 2000!

The article gives lots of suggested causes, surprisingly it doesn't include different tolerance for diagnosis.

Comment

Working...
                      X