• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, who IS going to win the next election?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Have you not noticed that for the last 20 odd years parties have adopted the policies and views of their opponents when seeking re-election. Tony Blair moved the Labour party towards the Conservatives to win, the Conservatives did the same to win in 2010....
    The Conservatives lost in 2010.

Comment

Labour minority government, and a very uneasy alliance with the Libs. Too many voters pissed off with seemingly endless austerity and crap pay packets for Ca-moron to win outright. But nearly as many people remember how both Iraq/Fred+Fanny kicked off under Blair/Brown's watch.

The election MUST occur by May next year, that's not enough time for any feel-good factor to kick in from the current sputtering recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Probably the best hope is that Ed Milliband does or says something so monumentally stupid that even with the combined help of UKIP and the LibDems, he still fails to win the election.
        He's already done that and it didn't make any difference.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Prompted by this:

Any views?

By the way, for anyone who cba to read the article I linked to, it comes down to they don't like Cameron, they think he's an elitist (read the last 5 paras if nothing else).
          In other words Northerners are bigots.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            All the councils up north are being forced to cut back on things as their grants from central government got decimated. The annoying bit is that the reason given for the cuts was that the councils were inefficient which was ironic as locally we had the lowest council tax in the country due to having already done most of things being suggested to save money....
            While we have one of the highest [also] in the NE.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The saddest thing of all is how little it means who wins the next General Election.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                In other words Northerners are bigots.
                The biggest of bigoted bastards around.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                  The saddest thing of all is how little it means who wins the next General Election.
                  No, the saddest thing of all is that some people believe that nonsense.

Comment

I really cannot imagine Millband as Prime Minister and Ed Balls as Chancellor. It just does not compute.

I also cannot imagine the British public putting up with a Lib/Lab coalition ... if the government gets voted out then I just don't see how Clegg could possibly have the nerve to try and stay in power with Labour .... oh wait, yes I do .. he's an amoral t&at.

So my bet is that it is a small Conservative majority.
                    Last edited by tomtomagain; 24 January 2014, 15:24.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      I really cannot imagine Millband as Prime Minister and Ed Balls as Chancellor. It just does not compute.

I also cannot imagine the British public putting up with a Lib/Lab coalition ... if the government gets voted out then I just don't see how Clegg could possibly have the nerve to try and stay in power with Labour .... oh wait, yes I do .. he's an amoral t&at.

So my bet is that it is a small Conservative majority.
                      If you said 'I also cannot imagine the English public putting up with a Lib/Lab coalition' I would agree.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X