• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester United

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
    United can only finish on 78 points now - now that would be a laugh, they could win all of their remaining fixtures at a canter and still finish 5th.
    The best chance united have of getting into the CL is by winning it - similar to Chelsea a few years ago. If United get a good draw then they could get a straight pass into the Semi finals. After that anything is possible......

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      The best chance united have of getting into the CL is by winning it - similar to Chelsea a few years ago. If United get a good draw then they could get a straight pass into the Semi finals. After that anything is possible......
      That much is true, but they'll struggle to get past Olympiakos on current form.

Comment

I've always remained hopeful that United would put some results together and snatch 4th but after lastnight I have finally given up - 11 points on Liverpool and 8 on Spurs from just 12 games is surely too much to ask now.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
          I've always remained hopeful that United would put some results together and snatch 4th but after lastnight I have finally given up - 11 points on Liverpool and 8 on Spurs from just 12 games is surely too much to ask now.
          I'd bet on United making 4th if they only had one team ahead of them. This season looks like a write-off now, united should focus all their efforts into winning the CL so that they have a chance of qualifying.

Comment

I'd bet on United making 4th if they only had one team ahead of them. This season looks like a write-off now, united should focus all their efforts into winning the CL so that they have a chance of qualifying.
            Yeah, cos if they can't beat Fulham or Arsenal they should kick Real Madrid's arse no bother....

They have more chance of winning the FA cup than the champions league.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Yeah, cos if they can't beat Fulham or Arsenal they should kick Real Madrid's arse no bother....

They have more chance of winning the FA cup than the champions league.
              well not really

not in FA cup but still in CL so statistically they have more chance of CL.

Comment

I know chelski did the same a few years ago, but they had a team that was underperforming and not one that was just crap. There are too many of uniteds players not playing for Moyes the same way they did for Fergie. The chances of us winning it are somewhere between none and sod al! Alsothough I'd like to be proved wrong obviously!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  well not really

not in FA cup but still in CL so statistically they have more chance of CL.
                  They still have more chance of winning the FA cup
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    I know chelski did the same a few years ago, but they had a team that was underperforming and not one that was just crap. There are too many of uniteds players not playing for Moyes the same way they did for Fergie. The chances of us winning it are somewhere between none and sod al! Alsothough I'd like to be proved wrong obviously!
                    Even if they play their arses off they don't have the talent in the squad to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                      I think that's part of the problem, but not the whole story. All the teams currently above Utd strengthened to some degree or other over the summer. Utd brought in Fellani.

Although I'm sure Fergie would have the Utd squad playing better then Moyes has, I'm not so sure it's a case of Utd getting worse, more that their competitors have gotten better.
                      If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Working...
                      X