• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blunkett: Russell Brand and Will Self putting off young voters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Russell Brand's dangerous ranting is putting young people off voting. And so is Will Self's description of people who join political parties as Donkeys.

(it's in the Mail. I'm sure you can all find it)

As much as I dislike the leftie claptrap spouted by both of these individuals I think they're right. I'd go further and say that most people are disenfranchised by the 3 main parties except for the people who have non jobs in the client state sector.

As for Blunkett to defend democracy, well really...

Did you know that a regime can be assessed for autocraticness by looking at the amount of legislation passed?
    Well there's this staggeringly inneresting statistic (and I'm going to have to find it so I can provide a link) which says that the New Labour regime of 1997-2010 passed more laws than ALL of the other governments of the 20th century combined. In fact, it could even by all other governments of the previous 150 years.

Says it all really...
    It's over 10 thousand new laws if I remember correctly.

Comment

Blunkett, Russell Brand and Will Self putting off young voters
      FTFY

The punctuation in your title was wrong
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

One i remember from a previous job, which presumably pre-dates the war criminal Blair, is "Handling salmon under suspicious circumstances".

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
          Dammit. For a minute there I thought I was going to get through a Will Self essay without reaching for the dictionary.

Then came 'fissiparous', any ideas?
          I'm guessing it might relate to snakes somehow; but that would probably be hissiparious

Only a tedious windbag like Will Self would use a word like that
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X