• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yuck Mich Wouldn't

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting back to the actual case, her sentence was probably far too lenient.

Ah yes, abusive relationship etc. I am not doubting that people can be very influenced by such things and I don't think people are necessarily to blame for what they are, but (in the absence of some magic cure) prison sentences should be guided by one practical consideration, the future risk the offender presents to society.

How many could go through the childhoods that Fred and Rose West went through and be any better? Fred West's behaviour also may have been in part due to brain damage due to an accident, again not his fault. However, given what they were for whatever reason, anything other than life sentences would have been insane.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
    X