• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IKEA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's the only place with sofas in stock!!!
    Don't DFS have a sale on???
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      A pity really you didn't buy something. You would have spent 3 days putting it together. We could do with a break from you.
      Nowadays you can pay someone to build it for you.

Its actually fun annoying them as I'm usually faster at it than they are....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        It's all fiction.

This shot from his webcam shows him in his bedsit.

Shame your missus is sat on him.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Nowadays you can pay someone to build it for you.

Its actually fun annoying them as I'm usually faster at it than they are....
          But the stuff is still tulipe ???
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

IKEA produce a lot of excellent stuff, and a lot of tulipe as well.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              But the stuff is still tulipe ???

I've been there once.

I did however buy a footstool type thing that's quite unusual and well made. Overall though, I would rather poke my own eyes out with a pencil than visit there again.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I went in 1991. We bought a black ash dining table and chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I went in 1991. We bought a black ash dining table and chairs.

Black ash. Blast from the past there
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

They have some nice cheap things and some crappy cheap things. Problem is, the tulipey stuff is always there but they change the more upmarket stock very frequently. I was there once and a guy was trying to get a replacement cupboard door for a kitchen he'd bought 6 months previous, only the range had been discontinued and no spares could be had .....
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      I've been there once.

I did however buy a footstool type thing that's quite unusual and well made. Overall though, I would rather poke my own eyes out with a pencil than visit there again.
                      You went at the wrong time -

Never go at weekends

Never go in kids' school holidays

Make sure you have an idea of what you want by looking online and in their catalogue

Don't worry about parking near the entrance if you can carry the stuff you brought

Oh and bring your own bags.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X