• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changes to the rep system!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Sorry but the system still looks a bit tulip. It's fundamentally broken to rate a poster (turns into a spamfest) rather than what they say (helps promote and identify high quality discussions).

Why can't we have a system where a post or thread is rated with a thumbs up/down (like The Register and The Daily Hate Mail) so you can pick the replies which are worth reading from the dross....
    Well, once the novelty of liking everything wears off (which could, admittedly, take some considerable time) then that's how it should work. Good posts = lots of likes, helpful posts = lots of thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Well, once the novelty of liking everything wears off (which could, admittedly, take some considerable time) then that's how it should work. Good posts = lots of likes, helpful posts = lots of thanks.
      You have met the majority of frequent posters on this site and know the reputation of the others. Do you honestly think the novelty will EVER wear off?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

An obvious flaw is that psychocandy and post tulip in a professional forum and we will need to get the URL of that post and then find a post of his in General, neg that post and include the URL of the professional forum post in the comment. It's very clunky.

Comment

Agreed...wibble
          Join IPSE

Comment

I don't have a rep title in my usual haunt of accounting and legal so I thought I'd wander over here just to see what it is- please ignore me
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Have you not met some of the muppets on here? They are easily amused with their own shadow at times!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Have you not met some of the muppets on here? They are easily amused with their own shadow at times!
                It passes the time. Look squirrel.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How come I can give multiple likes to the same person's post
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Look squirrel.
                    Is that your pet name for SMac this week?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      There it is. Oh it's gone. There it is! Oh it's gone?

What causes that?
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X