• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hate Car Parks!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do they know its a car - just use radar to see if there is a big object or number plate recognition that does not appear to be used as otherwise they would put it onto cards.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      How do they know its a car - just use radar to see if there is a big object or number plate recognition that does not appear to be used as otherwise they would put it onto cards.
      They do print your number plate on the ticket at Heathrow now.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
        They do print your number plate on the ticket at Heathrow now.
        For the kind of ridiculous money they charge there (min £2.30 for 30 mins ffs!) they would probably want your DNA!

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
          It's at the discression of the operator how much time they give. But most will be 30-60 minutes e.g. NCP or council run ones. Also you have a similar time from paying to getting your car out.
          I was at an NCP in Bournemouth, paid the fee and then there was a queue of cars to get out, when it got to the car in front and including mine and others; it was too late. An argument with the attendant and mother motorises resulted in all of us all having to pay-up for an extra hour. Some towns it is cheaper to book B&B and use the parking space than to use an official car park.
          HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
            I was at an NCP in Bournemouth, paid the fee and then there was a queue of cars to get out, when it got to the car in front and including mine and others; it was too late. An argument with the attendant and mother motorises resulted in all of us all having to pay-up for an extra hour. Some towns it is cheaper to book B&B and use the parking space than to use an official car park.
            If there isn't enough time between paying and getting out then the attendant has set the 'countdown clock' wrong. You should have complained!
            I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Car parks with spaces so narrow that you can't even half-open the doors even on a VW Polo FFS!
              Gull Wing is the way ahead, or if not possible then close your eyes and imagine Daisy Duke waiting to be rescued, then jump out of the window.

what is it with contractors driving poor peoples cars.
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I hear in Japan they much more space efficient parking - you drive car into some kind of slot in a lift which would go away and then deliver it to you when needed, this way its easier to park (faster) and cars are grouped together closer (height wise) thus packing more cars into same space.

Why is it not done in London? Perhaps because if its done then suddenly there will be twice as many spaces available and parking prices will have to drop?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                  Gull Wing is the way ahead, or if not possible then close your eyes and imagine Daisy Duke waiting to be rescued, then jump out of the window.

what is it with contractors driving poor peoples cars.
                  The Polo is not my only car, but it is the one I park in Luton.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    I hear in Japan they much more space efficient parking - you drive car into some kind of slot in a lift which would go away and then deliver it to you when needed, this way its easier to park (faster) and cars are grouped together closer (height wise) thus packing more cars into same space.

Why is it not done in London? Perhaps because if its done then suddenly there will be twice as many spaces available and parking prices will have to drop?
                    They do that on the continent as well. My garage is like that.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
                      My garage is like that.
                      You forgot to login under your "threaded" account to post this...

Comment

Working...
                      X