• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rise of the slow driving early morning commuter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

occasionally I've been driving home, back from work well after midnight (the only time where it's better use a car vs public transport), to make sure I didn't fall asleep (and to get there quickly) I drove fast which got the adrenalin pumping.
    2-3AM, well at home already, long after I've arrived I still couldn't get to sleep, with the adrenalin still circulating.
    Up at 6:30AM due to kind, totally knackered.
    Needless to say I've switched my routines for being driven in a taxi

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Still doesn't make sense. Presumably it's not 30mph in first gear however you have selected it (auto or manual).

As for the second - the idea you couldn't get a V8 Disco to go uphill at any damn speed (as fast or slow as you like) is laughable.
      It's an XK8 Jag engine. If I want to I can break every speed limit in the uk before I have left second gear but yes sitting behind a twat doing 20 mph up the a38 is impossible. No I don't want to compensate for their twat nature by using the low ratio side of the box I just want road users to get on with it and drive to the speed of the road.... In that case it would be a mix of 40 and 60 but never 20.... In fact 20 mph in clear weather would probably be classed as an offence...

Many many years ago, while on a test drive, my wife pointed out a fault on the supercharged RangeRover vogue. Her point was that it's windy wipers seem to flicker and flap on the motorway. The sales man pointed out that maybe her speed at the time was not helping... Her reply without missing a beat was well it works on my Saab

Some people drive faster than others... Judging by your two crates you should probably walk

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        It's an XK8 Jag engine. If I want to I can break every speed limit in the uk before I have left second gear but yes sitting behind a twat doing 20 mph up the a38 is impossible. No I don't want to compensate for their twat nature by using the low ratio side of the box I just want road users to get on with it and drive to the speed of the road.... In that case it would be a mix of 40 and 60 but never 20.... In fact 20 mph in clear weather would probably be classed as an offence...

Many many years ago, while on a test drive, my wife pointed out a fault on the supercharged RangeRover vogue. Her point was that it's windy wipers seem to flicker and flap on the motorway. The sales man pointed out that maybe her speed at the time was not helping... Her reply without missing a beat was well it works on my Saab

Some people drive faster than others... Judging by your two crates you should probably walk
        Remember thing in local paper. Some OAP got done for driving about 10 miles at speeds between 12 and 18 mph (top speed!). Busy urban road so no chance to overtake, caused a huge tailback.

Apparently, his excuse was he liked that speed, didn't like going fast and fastest he ever went even on motorway was 40mph. People like that don't deserve a licence. Causes danger for others.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

Mr Toad lives.

Comment

Working...
          X