• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whisky, mmm, nice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy one of these beauties every time I visit Ireland. Greenore - Single Grain Irish Whiskey - Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I buy one of these beauties every time I visit Ireland. Greenore - Single Grain Irish Whiskey - Homepage
      You should try Green or Yellow spot or 15yr old Redbreast
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Laphroaig - is that the one that tastes/smells like TCP?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Laphroaig - is that the one that tastes/smells like TCP?
          Peat and dirt. I suppose I can see where the TCP smell comes from - trichlorophenylmethyliodosalicyl - phenoly smell. Yes, it does a bit!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Peat and dirt. I suppose I can see where the TCP smell comes from - trichlorophenylmethyliodosalicyl - phenoly smell. Yes, it does a bit!
            Yeah never really got on with that type - like many others though!

Comment

It does have a taste of iodine to it initially. It gets challenging reviews, seems to be a marmite sort of drink.

Comment

Most Islay whiskies are like that. Speysides are usually less smoky, more delicately flavoured so they're easier to drink.

Comment

I had one once that was distilled in a cliff top distillery - the blurb on the bottle banged on about the salt from the sea blending etc to give unique blah blah flavour

I struggled to actually hold it down - it just tasted like sea water.

Comment

Nice with a spot of coke in it.

Dalmore 1964 46 year old Constellation Collection | Whisky Shop | Scotch Whisky
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X