• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Operating Enduring Freedom - Part 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    What sort of condition is that - The Bible is the basis, without it there would be no truth. I debate with the Bible and the evidence of history, archaeology, geology, anthropology and mathematics. What do you bring as evidence?
    Well my mate Muhammed says: "The Koran is the basis, without it there would be no truth. I debate with the Koran and the evidence of history, archaeology, geology, anthropology and mathematics."

Why should I believe you and not him?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      You might as well believe in Judaism that started few thousand years before Christians did something that would have been classed as plagiarism in any school.

I mean, where else can you find such a high level of gullibility required in order to make such an important choice as choosing religion? If morgage seller came to you ask just asked you to trust him, what would you do - sign contract blindly?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        You might as well believe in Judaism that started few thousand years before Christians did something that would have been classed as plagiarism in any school.

I mean, where else can you find such a high level of gullibility required in order to make such an important choice as choosing religion? If morgage seller came to you ask just asked you to trust him, what would you do - sign contract blindly?
        Chico has always had his mortgage with Grabbit and Run Building Society whose interest rate is 25%. Their literature says they are better and truer than Halifax or NationWide, but he doesn't know why.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
          A Biblical prophecy from the Book of Zechariah.

Zechariah 14:12

This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

Hmm this yet to be fulfilled prophecy was given in 480 BC. Wonder what the effects of a nuclear explosion are? Hmmm I wonder.
          More like a tactical neutron bomb than bulk standard nuclear warhead.

The net is full of people desperately trying to show that Zechariah was talking about nuclear weapons... not sure on the tongue thing, although the cataracts and initial flash blindness are true. Although if you are close to the detonation of a tactical neutron bomb, your flesh will ignite; if you are in a heavily armoured tank, you will suffer immediate radiation poisoning but no classic burning.

Nearest physical effects from radiation to the above are as follows:

200-400 REMS
          Illness becomes increasingly severe, and significant mortality sets in. Hematopoietic tissues are still the major affected organ system. Nausea becomes universal (100% at 300 rems), the incidence of vomiting reaches 50% at 280 rems.

The onset of initial symptoms occurs within 1-6 hours, and last 1-2 days. After this a 7-14 day latency period sets in. When symptoms recur, the may include epilation (hair loss, 50% probability at 300 rems), malaise, fatigue, diarrhea (50% prob. at 350 rems), and hemorrhage (uncontrolled bleeding) of the mouth, subcutaneous tissue and kidney (50% prob. at 400 rems).

Suppression of white blood cells is severe, susceptibility to infection becomes serious. At 300 rems the mortality rate without medical treatment becomes substantial (about 10%). The possibility of permanent sterility in females begins to appear. Recovery takes 1 to several months.
          Compare that to huge exposure:

Above 1000 REMS
          Very high exposures can sufficient metabolic disruption to cause immediate symptoms. Above 1000 rems rapid cell death in the gastrointestinal system causes severe diarrhea, intestinal bleeding, and loss of fluids, and disturbance of electrolyte balance. These effects can cause death within hours of onset from circulatory collapse. Immediate nausea occurs due to direct activation of the chemoreceptive nausea center in the brain.

In the range 1000-5000 rems the onset time drops from 30 minutes to 5 minutes. Following an initial bout of severe nausea and weakness, a period of apparent well-being lasting a few hours to a few days may follow (called the "walking ghost" phase). This is followed by the terminal phase which lasts 2-10 days. In rapid succession prostration, diarrhea, anorexia, and fever follow. Death is certain, often preceded by delirium and coma. Therapy is only to relieve suffering.

Above 5000 rems metabolic disruption is severe enough to interfere with the nervous system. Immediate disorientation and coma will result, onset is within seconds to minutes. Convulsions occur which may be controlled with sedation. Victim may linger for up to 48 hours before dying.

The U.S. military assumes that 8000 rads of fast neutron radiation (from a neutron bomb) will immediately and permanently incapacitate a soldier.
          Remember to stock up on Potassium Iodide!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Chico has always had his mortgage with Grabbit and Run Building Society whose interest rate is 25%.
            Hang on - Christian Church I believe is against interest (just like Islam), so Chico must be paying effective 25% interest on his Christian Bank Account, but its called paying dues to the Lord rather than sodding interest.

Comment

Well my mate Muhammed says: "The Koran is the basis, without it there would be no truth. I debate with the Koran and the evidence of history, archaeology, geology, anthropology and mathematics."

Chico, we haven't even started the debate yet. We are still establishing the terms of the debate and you're already doing the usual and refusing to answer questions. PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOVE so we can continue.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Bugger this. I'm going to the pub. At the start of the first round, Chico is lying on the floor knocked out, while his minders frantically try to give him advice.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

sas - make sure you order Christs blood there, not beer that only infidels and pagans drink..

Comment

I believe you Chico, Now can you have a quick word with God, ask him to stop the fighting? SUrely he's had enough of a laugh by now?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                      Now can you have a quick word with God
                      Careful friend...

Comment

Working...
                      X