• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC 'lost nerve' over big tax avoiders, say MPs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Not a big fan then?
    Yes, it's always interesting to see right wing thuggery on display. I don't care for him even, but I reckon being Gordon Brown is a pretty severe punishment in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Yes, it's always interesting to see right wing thuggery on display. I don't care for him even, but I reckon being Gordon Brown is a pretty severe punishment in itself.
      At the risk of a lynching, I quite liked him. Sure, he might have messed up the economy a little bit, but he seemed like a decent bloke - came across as a lot more sincere than those that preceded and succeeded him.

Comment

What good things, if any, did Gordon Brown do while a Prime Minister? - Yahoo Answers

Comment

At the risk of a lynching, I quite liked him. Sure, he might have messed up the economy a little bit, but he seemed like a decent bloke - came across as a lot more sincere than those that preceded and succeeded him.
          My god, my dear mudskipper, we're going to have a good sit down and talk about this. I'm going to have to bring out the corn dogs and cookies at this rate!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            My god, my dear mudskipper, we're going to have a good sit down and talk about this. I'm going to have to bring out the corn dogs and cookies at this rate!
            Gordon Brown believed in what he was doing unlike Blair and the present lot. Blair and these lot just use focus groups or get one of their "think tanks " to announce some potential policy to test it with the public.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
              Where do I sign up
              Get in the queue sunshine, make sure you give me room for a decent run-up.

Comment

Presumably why he didn't do well in politics, either.

Comment

seemed like a decent bloke - came across as a lot more sincere than those that preceded and succeeded him
                  Rather agree but then it isn't personality or intentions that should matter but results. They make him a disaster. I was quite impressed by some of his speeches, lots of facts and he made sense. Trouble is, nearly everything he actually did was crap.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 19 December 2013, 23:02.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Gordon Brown believed in what he was doing unlike Blair and the present lot. Blair and these lot just use focus groups or get one of their "think tanks " to announce some potential policy to test it with the public.
                    Gordon Brown was the worst prime minister the UK ever had the misfortune to be inflicted with.

He rode on The Reign of Terror™ (circa 1997-2010), removed the tax dividend credit on pensions, cowardly signed us up to the new EU non-negotiable treaties, served Corporatocracy, thus ruining the wealth of the best pension system in the world, laughingly called a member of the working classes a bigot, made a clusterf uck in the HoC saying he saved the world from boom and bust, and threw nokias in frustrations that he realised he was a total retard?

And you say he believed what he was doing? Yes you are right, he did. He's a f ucking sociopath. And herein, for of all history to record his clusterf uck, lies his impact on the UK economy, getting less remuneration, post parasitis than the c unt Bliar did. Oh, the humanity...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      I am strongly opposed to any efforts to take more tax off multinationals because given the spending record of governments, it will only lead to more debt.
                      So how exactly it would better if Govt had to make up for the shortfall by taking even more tax from normal people who can't go offshore?

Comment

Working...
                      X