• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm Burnt Out!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

Blimey. What else did you have to change about your lifestyle? Just interested like - that is YOUNG
    More medication, gave up alcohol.

Now I just generally don't give a tulip about many, many things - there are more important things to worry about than work
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Pants fair enough, but 5 pairs of socks sounds ridiculous. His feet must niff something chronic
      They did turn his shoes green.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
        ...there are more important things to worry about than work
        WHS - family, friends, punctuation and rep.

Comment

Originally posted by aardvark View Post
          WHS - family, friends, punctuation and rep.
          Oooh and grammar. Don't forget grammar.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Pants fair enough, but 5 pairs of socks sounds ridiculous. His feet must niff something chronic
            It's 4 pairs plus a spare pair in case I step in a puddle, for example. I like to wear clean socks every day.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Clumsy oaf.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Clumsy oaf.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

There are ways of making it slightly better, many already mentioned.

I tend to not bother coming home every weekend. Half the time I will book into a hotel nearer the client site and chill there, and make the wife travel to me for the weekend. Can be OK especially if you can get good deal on hotel with pool etc, places near that you’ve wanted to visit maybe, etc. Indeed when working abroad often its too far to come home anyways, so you just have to treat every weekend as a mini holiday (if youre not working them).

Although I have been through the maxed out worn out scenario I avoid it nowadays, when it got really bad I took a year off and did a past grad, these days I walk away from gigs and take time off and have had lots of time off recently.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X