• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake at Mandela memorial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Call me Dave at it as well...

What was the occasion the meeting again?

It was a memorial, held in a stadium where the local supporters of the dead guy were singing and dancing. But God forbid anyone should not look more miserable than the person next to them, let alone that they should smile. They should not have been without tears streaming down their faces at any point in the day...

I notice that you too focus on Cameron and Obama. I guess the Danish PM was allowed to smile in your world?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      I notice that you too focus on Cameron and Obama. I guess the Danish PM was allowed to smile in your world?
      No, she wasn't allowed either - the only person at that even who was allowed to smile all he wants was Mandela on his photographs.

Doing selfie at the funeral, how low can one go?

Comment

It wasn't a funeral you imbecile
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No, she wasn't allowed either - the only person at that even who was allowed to smile all he wants was Mandela on his photographs.

Doing selfie at the funeral, how low can one go?
          Again, not a funeral.

And much as I loathe the concept of the "selfie", it's not like it's anything new. People have been taking pictures of themselves for ages, it's just that they now use their phones to do it, rather than a camera, or asking a stranger to take it and hoping they don't leg it.

They seem to have wanted a picture together. Would it have been better if they had someone else hold the phone for them? Or if they had used a camera? Or if someone else had used the camera to take the picture?
          What difference does it really make, that it harms your sensibilities so much, that they are taking a picture of themselves, whereas you seem to have no problem with the fact that you are looking at a picture of the three of them anyway, just taken by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It wasn't a funeral you imbecile
            What was it, a wedding with mother in law shown on the photo asking for a selfie with two of the best men???

Comment

If people want to get affronted by anything I would have thought it was the cost of the private jets et al to fly various heads of state and celebrities to Johannesburg

Perhaps a more fitting tribute would have been to donate a proportion of the money to a Mandela Charity* and provide and "words of tribute" by skype (or the likes)

• The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund
              • The Mandela Rhodes Foundation
              • the Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory at the Nelson Mandela Foundation
              If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
                If people want to get affronted by anything I would have thought it was the cost of the private jets et al to fly various heads of state and celebrities to Johannesburg

Perhaps a more fitting tribute would have been to donate a proportion of the money to a Mandela Charity* and provide and "words of tribute" by skype (or the likes)

• The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund
                • The Mandela Rhodes Foundation
                • the Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory at the Nelson Mandela Foundation
                And do selfie on skype?

Comment

What was it
                  Why don't you use that search engine you wrote to find out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    Again, not a funeral.

And much as I loathe the concept of the "selfie", it's not like it's anything new. People have been taking pictures of themselves for ages, it's just that they now use their phones to do it, rather than a camera, or asking a stranger to take it and hoping they don't leg it.

They seem to have wanted a picture together. Would it have been better if they had someone else hold the phone for them? Or if they had used a camera? Or if someone else had used the camera to take the picture?
                    What difference does it really make, that it harms your sensibilities so much, that they are taking a picture of themselves, whereas you seem to have no problem with the fact that you are looking at a picture of the three of them anyway, just taken by someone else.

According to AtW the only allowable behaviour would be for the entire audience to be bawling their eyes out, rending their garments and shouting to the skies "why did he have to go so young?"

Comment

And do selfie on skype?
                      You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AtW again.
                      If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Working...
                      X