• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dominoes - Pay a little more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Their pizzas are pretty dull, we occasionally get them in if people are round.
    If people are round then they should be eating salads!

IGMC
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      How does working all day and not earning enough to feed and house yourself solve any problems?
      When a large chunk of working people are on benefits because wages are too low you have to ask if the companies employing them are actually sustainable. Seems to me like the economy has failed fundamentally if the majority of people would starve or turn to crime but for outside intervention.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        When a large chunk of working people are on benefits because wages are too low you have to ask if the companies employing them are actually sustainable. Seems to me like the economy has failed fundamentally if the majority of people would starve or turn to crime but for outside intervention.
        Two arguments on this one

1) You can actually earn anough to live on minimum wage - but that is it live.
        2) These mim wage jobs are actually for the low/no skilled/students etc the idea is you worked hard at school/college etc and got some skills which enabled you to earn more the minimum wage - if all you did at school was su<k dicks in exchange for cigarettes then you know maybe you need to go back to using the one skill you did learn at school to make a living.
        Last edited by original PM; 11 December 2013, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Yes, but I would not be suprised if it turned out that the royalty fee for usage of Dominos' brand paid to an offshore entity makes UK subsidiary totally unprofitable
          Are the individual units not franchise outfits so would be profit making entities in their own right?

Although, yes, outwith that the UK company would be totally unprofitable.

Comment

I heard this on LBC the other night when I couldn't sleep again. The main views from the show were:

1. The website only showed 276 pizza jobs

2. Deliverers need to find their own car/bike

3. We already open out borders freely to most of Europe anyway, so what?

4. There's a huge churn rate of employees

5. Good advertising for Dominos to get people filling the jobs asap

6. Resident Brits generally don't have the right attitude to stick it out long enough

7. It's demanding work for little return

8. Having the pikeys flood in next year means he can keep the supply up to address the high churn and perhaps even lower salary.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              To arguments on this one

2) These mim wage jobs are actually for the low/no skilled/students etc the idea is you worked hard at school/college etc and got some skills which enabled you to earn more the minimum wage - if all you did at school was su<k dicks in exchange for cigarettes then you know maybe you need to go back to using the one skill you did learn at school to make a living.
              These aren't just people on minimum wage, and you aren't going to pay rent without help on minimum wage in London or the se.

I'd also question where all these highly paid skilled jobs are. I don't think working a coffee machine, even a complicated one, counts.

The fact is the economy as it stands doesn't have suitable niches for a lot of people. You can blame them for their predicament all you like, but the end of the day it's costing you and I money.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Don't have one where I live, I tend to use Joeys, but where I work there is one which strangely enough seems to have a few Brits working behind the counter. Maybe Domino's in Germany pays better :-)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Don't have one where I live, I tend to use Joeys, but where I work there is one which strangely enough seems to have a few Brits working behind the counter. Maybe Domino's in Germany pays better :-)
                  Almost certainly pays better and has to have better worker protection by law - but then we all know that kind of thing doesn't work, and only total removal of all benefits and job security can lead us to prosperity :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Crap and seriously overpriced pizza anyway. Tried once never again.
                    WHS

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Two arguments on this one

1. Not and actually rent anything. Even when I was young the wages were crud and everyone was scraping by. This suggests they are even worse:

UK wage gap widens. Get data for the past 25 years | News | theguardian.com

2. The jobs are for anyone, I did them while at college as did many others at University. Now they are done mainly by Eastern Europeans in my area.

The conservatives should raise the minimum wage / promote living wage and remove the Working Family tax credits. Then at least the big multinationals would pay some tax.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X