• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vino to accompany Xmas dinner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kids will be up at 5 am so I usually have all the good stuff drunk by 7:30. It usually ends up as whatever the petrol station sells. And Mrs OG always looks forward to her traditional seasonal gift of a tin of travel sweets and 5 litres of semi-synthetic engine oil.

Comment

I love those tins of sweets, but consider them too expensive
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This year I'm doing venison rack as as the main and have earmarked a nice bordeaux to accompany that. Starter is most likely going to be langoustines with buerre blanc, so a nice pouilly fume with that. Dessert is looking likely to be a baked alaska, with an Austrian Beerenauslese.
        Family tradition for me is a nip of whisky with smoked salmon and soda bread in the morning ( usually after mass), Mr N's family usually raise a glass of fizz at midday.

So, currently trying to source lots of half bottles of decent plonk.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Let us know if you have a nice rack nearer the time...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Let us know if you have a nice rack nearer the time...
            I am hoping I can get hold of one.

May need to come up with a plan b, just in case.

I do like a nice rack
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X