• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin mining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine Litecoins instead. GPU based so all those ASIC miners out there cant use their kit to do Litecoins.

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
      Mine Litecoins instead. GPU based so all those ASIC miners out there cant use their kit to do Litecoins.
      Time to launch HardCoin - Abacus based factoring only - those rich barstewards with GPUs can go **** *********

Comment

AtW - could you use your vast computing network to generate bitcoins?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Yep, it's time for AtW to get in on the act..........

Bitcoin linky

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            No.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
              Yep, it's time for AtW to get in on the act..........

Bitcoin linky
              Uncanny. Hours earlier I was in a curry house in Jersey talking bitcoins. I rather inflamed those at the dinner table when I said the currency was due a 50% correction and all it would take is for China to say something derogatory.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Bitcoin value moves back above $1,000 after Zynga move - Telegraph

Comment

As someone else said, litecoin/altcoin mining is still profitable, i'm about to give it a go. (and the geek in me is looking forward to building a monster pc)

Wondering though - is there any reason you can't put the mining rig through on your Ltd?

Comment

The only safe mining is buying and collecting your own gold and silver.

When an investment item is in the news, it has past its peak.
                    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

One of the biggest Bitcoin exchanges, MtGox, has folded its tents and crept silently away: BBC News - Top Bitcoin exchange MtGox goes offline

It was originally named "Magic the Gathering Online eXchange" and existed for some kind of trading to do with the game MtG

Those of you who enjoy a bit of schadenfreude should get over the the "How much have you lost?" thread on Reddit - some people are looking at virtual losses in the millions of dollars: Gox horror story thread - How much did you lose? : Bitcoin

But there's still some optimism among the website developers:

Fill yer boots!

Comment

Working...
                      X