• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS/NatWest IT Down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kal View Post
    Yawn... do you ever get tired of this lazy racism you expound at every opportunity no matter how tenuous?
    So you are saying that:
    1. There is no caste on caste racism in India?
    2. There is no corruption in India ?
    3. Indian nationals never lie on their CVs?
    4. There is no political agreement to allow lots of Indian nationals to come to the UK on ICT visas?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      So you are saying that:
      1. There is no caste on caste racism in India?
      2. There is no corruption in India ?
      3. Indian nationals never lie on their CVs?
      4. There is no political agreement to allow lots of Indian nationals to come to the UK on ICT visas?
      I would say the lazy racism comes from immediately leaping from "There has been an IT problem" to "It must be the fault of Indians". As for your questions, answered below, I'm not sure how these are relevant, other than if you're trying to make "the darkies" look bad.

1. Yes, I am. The castes are from the same race.
      2. There undoubtably is.
      3. Of course they do.
      4. Yes, there is.

Are you saying that:
      1. There is no class vs class prejudice in the UK?
      2. There is no corruption in the UK?
      3. UK nationals never lie on their CVs?
      4. The UK government didn't sign agreements to allow lots of overseas nationals to come to the UK on ICT visas?

But of course, I'm sure it's different when it's the foreigners doing it, not UK nationals...

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
        I wonder what the official spin will be? Can guarantee it will have nothing to do with laying off all the technical experts and replacing them with wet-behind-the-ears people with a CV that can be written on a first class stamp... with a marker pen
        FTFY

The facts are that caste on caste racism exists in India, there is a greater level of corruption in India than in the UK (for example), CVs from India are more likely to contain plenty of fiction than CVs from UK nationals (based up when I was a recruiting manager, and also moderating a professional forum where plenty of requests for fake experience come through on a regular basis... from India), and there is abuse of ICT in collusion with the UK government.

Having an IT outage and suspecting that the root cause lies with an incompetent outsourced IT centre is not racist. Given that most outsourced IT centres happen to be in India, I don't think immediately assuming that it's an Indian IT Centre is racist either - rather observation of the reality. The comments do not come simply because they're Indian. I know plenty of Indians who are neither incompetent nor corrupt who would agree with the analysis.

I hope it turns out that it was the outsourced IT centre (probably an Indian offshore centre) not because I don't like Indians, but because offshoring is massively damaging to the IT industry and western economies as a whole.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'd say the root cause lies with the bean counters who got rid of the seemingly expensive people who knew the systems and replaced them with seemingly cheaper people who didn't, regardless of location, ethnicity or cultural practices.

Edit: although even that is speculation. Could have been the council drilling through the fibre optic.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            Is there any proof it was an Indian IT outsourcing firm?

I seem to remember last time whilst there was a tight lid on calling blame outside of Natwest itself, somebody on the ground leaked the real story in the comments section of an online newspaper article.
            Re "proof it was an Indian IT outsourcing firm" it was the last time even though RBS tried their best to cover it up its become an open secret amongst those in the know.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
              Yawn... do you ever get tired of this lazy racism you expound at every opportunity no matter how tenuous?
              Lazy racism is what you get in Scotland against the English, or in the Indian population caste on caste, its so normal nobody thinks twice.

I am not racist. I am being factual. And many of my friends are Indian nationals who agree with what I say.

The pro open doors immigration lobby have been throwing the racism charge around for years to try and shut down debate on immigration, in this case the use of Indian outsourcing does need proper debate.

Comment

Actually, no

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post

1. Yes, I am. The castes are from the same race.
                Actually, that's not entirely true. The connection between race and caste is not exact but lower caste people do tend to be darker than higher caste. That is because the lower castes are more likely to be descendents of the original inhabitants of India and the higher castes descendents of invaders from central Asia.

The caste system is simply a continuation and expansion of the divide between conquerors and conquered. It's Apartheid but okay because there are none of those nasty white folks involved.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                  Lazy racism is what you get in Scotland against the English, or in the Indian population caste on caste, its so normal nobody thinks twice.

I am not racist. I am being factual. And many of my friends are Indian nationals who agree with what I say.

The pro open doors immigration lobby have been throwing the racism charge around for years to try and shut down debate on immigration, in this case the use of Indian outsourcing does need proper debate.
                  Aah the 'I'm not racist I have black friends line' im not defending RBS or indeed Indian outsourcing bit that fact that you take any opportunity to rant about the 'darkies' speaks for itself...

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                    Re "proof it was an Indian IT outsourcing firm" it was the last time even though RBS tried their best to cover it up its become an open secret amongst those in the know.
                    Actually the problem was in fact introduced in Scotland. I was contacted about going there...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Quit the racism folks. It's more likely to be Suity wot done it.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X