• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New report into terrorist motivation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally believe in the "war on terror", the threat is real. It's just idiotic actions by this government that not only do nothing to address it but actually make it far worse that I have a problem with.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      I totally believe in the "war on terror", the threat is real. It's just idiotic actions by this government that not only do nothing to address it but actually make it far worse that I have a problem with.

It's a bit like the threat of being stung by a hornet is real after you have poked the nest with a stick.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

UK and US policy (e.g. pointless wars) has created these new radicals there is no doubt about it.

These wars have been far from pointless, they have been lucrative bonanzas for the Millitary Industrial complex.

With the fall of the Soviet Union, faced with dwindling order books, a new enemy was required to halt the so called Peace Dividend.

The recent millitary budgets awarded from the US government to industry are the biggest ever, which is odd given that the new enemy does not have a standing army.

But a small detail.

The Wars also enabled the arms industry to test their new weaponry in the field on soft targets ie insurgents and civillians,so they could be deemed to be Battle Tested.

Another big selling point.

We Shall Prevail.

Doubleplusgood
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 11 August 2006, 13:07.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
          There's never an excuse for their actions
          Unfortunately there are far too many people out there who say the same thing BUT always add a but in (there is never an excuse BUT if we werent in [insert any part of the middle east here] there wouldnt be any terrorism).

The problem is you useless poms have let the wrong kinds of people in to your country.

Mailman

Comment

Hmmm

Originally posted by Mailman
            Unfortunately there are far too many people out there who say the same thing BUT always add a but in (there is never an excuse BUT if we werent in [insert any part of the middle east here] there wouldnt be any terrorism).

The problem is you useless poms have let the wrong kinds of people in to your country.

Mailman
            You may have a point there MM
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
            X