• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO Doodab's liver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Actually it turns out my liver is fairly ok. Something is ****ed though, just waiting to find out what...
    Hope it's all Ok ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Not really. I've worked with disease data and its amazing how resilient the liver is.
      Your right of course.

But to counteract that slightly with no empirical evidence, when a much younger man there was one amongst us drank like the proverbial fish, and was only beer, cider, etc - no wine or spirits, but he did knock a fair bit back.

A good friend of my brother, who sadly is still knocking back litres of cider daily, one time aforesaid drinker had a liver check etc and was pronounced fine, A1, all ok, sort of gave my brother a pass to carry on with the cider, said friend dead not shortly after, guess the liver can only do so much, A1 one day, no function the next.

Sad since my brother continues with drinking cider all day every day, but then again, some livers can take it, some can't I assume...

Comment

Well I am definitely off the booze after this.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

What's the verdict?

Comment

Do you look like a Simpsons character?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              What's the verdict?
              It's not my liver. Further investigation required, but that's for tomorrow. Tonight I have proper painkillers at least.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Do you look like a Simpsons character?
                No but I burp like Barney

Comment

No but I burp like Barney
                  Gaviscon usually does the trick. Not trivialising, and apologies for the Simpsons crack I thought you were making a fuss.

Hope it's nothing too nefarious bud

Do they have no clue? How do you know it's drink related? Could just be a humble ulcer?
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Do share your symptoms. Plenty of medical experts on CUK to offer their collective wisdom.

Comment

It's not my liver. Further investigation required, but that's for tomorrow. Tonight I have proper painkillers at least.
                      Hope it turns out OK <- manly

Comment

Working...
                      X