• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whites only flights!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are confusing the people with the religion fungus. Of course they are mostly pretty decent, didn't I say that? Most people are and I don't doubt what you say at all about those blokes at all, but it is completely irrelevant.

By the same token most Iranians or Saudis will be pretty decent but they still have states where there is little or no tolerance of any other religion. They are hardly unique in having major limitations on other's faiths. Do you defend that? Or the routine attacks on Christians and others in Indonesia? Or the utterly barbaric practices of Shariah?. Or do you care to defend the casual genocidal view that calls for all the Israelis to be wiped out? Not just the view of ranting backstreet Imams but the leader of a major Islamic country. Perhaps you think the recent surveys on Islamic opinion in Britain are all false propoganda? or some of the comments on the recent channel 4 program justifying stoning of adulterers etc were faked? Or I suppose that's just a tiny handful of extremists is it?

Too many people like yourself call for tolerance and yet they casually, and in your case I have to add ignorantly, defend this most intolerant of creeds. As I have suggested before, try doing some actual research on what is actually going on in the world in the name of Islam. Forget the ranters, just stick to the factual news reports. Just keep an open mind and look for yourself. This sort of parochial argument you always come out with is just meaningless platitudes and truisms.

To anyone else, I suggest that we all start having the guts to stick up for what WE believe in, individual freedom and democracy and the secular state.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Fungus. Thats a pretty weak f-cking argument. You know a couple of people who do things for charity, for the good of the people. So do I.

Also there are people who do nasty f-cking things, I even know a couple a bastards.

Try not to be so f-cking weak. Just because you talk about a subject, doesnt make you a racist.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
        the racism on this site is sickening.
        So is the idea of being blown up by a suicide bomber.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Fungus, any religion that says women are second class citizens is a crock of tulip. It doesn't matter a bean whether any or all followers of that religion are "decent people" or not. Any adherents of such a religion who believe women are second class citizens are not "decent people" in my book no matter how much charity work they do - doing some good deeds does not make their religion or what they believe in any less a crock.

That is not racism, that is a statement of one of the ideals the majority of people in the west hold dear - that all people (women, gays, racists, blacks, whites, Chinese, christians, computer programmers, giant alien lizards) are born equal.

Comment

"the racism on this site is sickening."

There is something quite saddening about this type of comment when only two replies have appeared that could be construed as anything as slightly racist.

Weak minded people are always the first to point!

Where is Milan by the way?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              Where is Milan by the way?
              Hadn't you heard? He works at weekends. Probably changing a backup tape as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
                we know you mean highest common factor...
                Do I? Its very possible I confused terms

I meant the lowest number by which all others will be divisible by.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                  religion is an issue you become one of the least rational.
                  Generally speaking I don't care about religion so long as it does not bother me. There was time in history of this planet when religion played very positive role - for example a number of scientific discoveries were made by monks, so its a plus, but at some point religion started stalling progress - thankfully it was not possible to stop it, so now religion in modern Western world is pretty much secondary thing: even though most people in the UK would classify themselves as Christians, and myself I also often use phrase "For God's sake", it does not mean people actually believe it all.

Terrorism right now and all those wars are very much religious - that's why I think its worth investing time to achieve the most effective solution: proving that there is no God and thus a lot of stuff driven by religions will automatically stop. Specifically suicide bombers are driven by promise of heaven, virgins, etc - if it was clear that this was not the case then number of those willing to blow themselves up would go down big time. Of course by product of this would be that religious fools like Chico would also lose their God, but this is the sacrifice that I am content with.

You right I become less rational, this is because some things are so obvious that I feel its a complete waste of time to argue about them, that's why I pretty much stopped argueing with people - on this board and elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                    His humps are packed with Nitroglycerine!

Be warned.

Comment

Atw your Russian atheist upbringing determines your so called logic. You will do well to check back on your homeland. There is an upsurge in Christian belief only bettered in China. It is simple really when people have been starved of the the truth for years, when it finally appears there is a yearning which surpasses understanding. Truth is not a something, an abstract concept or an idea but a person - Jesus Christ , the Creator, Sustainor and Saviour of the world. he is The Way, The Truth and The Life.

Jesus said love and pray for your enemies, Allah says kill your enemies.
                      Jesus calls himself the Truth, Allah says it is ok to deceive in the name of jihad.

"Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him [Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf]?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it," (Hadith Vol. 5, Book 59, #369).

Therefore equating these two is the most irrational thing you can do. Even for a self styled atheist like yourself.
                      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                      X