• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go, Suity!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    That's the spit of him.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      The bit you are missing, and I don't think I posted, is where we had the initial discussion about the project and the history of the project. It was described to me as "in a bit of a pickle".

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

the bit you are missing, and i don't think i posted, is where we had the initial discussion about the project and the history of the project. It was described to me as "in a bit of a pickle". And we need someone to pin the blame on. Your cv looks perfect so you'll do....

ftfy hth bivvvvmdi
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          ftfy hth bivvvvmdi
          All part of the service
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Brown trousers moment

There are two consultancies in to ClientCo. I am contracted to the agency through one of them. Their previous bod did a runner, suffering from depression. No one knows where he is.

So the mainstay of this project is to re-write one of ClientCos core processes. Apparently this hinged on what my predecessor had done toward this as ClientCo is sympathetic but also wants to move forward. It turns out he hadn't done much.

So the other consultancy stepped in today and said, ok well based on this new info, we want the other consultancy to stop work on the process re-write immediately as we will do it (they are writing the other 6 processes so this makes sense).

So there I was wondering how I was going to tell you all how this contract had winded up after only a week not due to any of my fault.

Until a chat with the IT manager of ClientCo this evening who said don't worry ole son, we're that impressed with you we want you to do it as we feel you care capable of doing a good job and delivering on time.

<ahem><polishes shiny badge>

So, any takers want to tell me how I should have done things with much cheapness?

Comment

There are two consultancies...stuff...
              Now have the other consultancy told clientco that they will be doing it and already have it signed off?

Have clientco told other consultancy that they want you to do it?

Have other consultancy now decide that you are poisonous and will now make your life a misery?

Will you be waking up with a horse's head next to you?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Now have the other consultancy told clientco that they will be doing it and already have it signed off?

Have clientco told other consultancy that they want you to do it?

Have other consultancy now decide that you are poisonous and will now make your life a misery?

Will you be waking up with a horse's head next to you?
                No.
                Yes.
                Yes.
                Probably.

Edit : Dilligaf?

Comment

No.
                  Yes.
                  Yes.
                  Probably.

Edit : Dilligaf?
                  Jolly good, keep your head down, your back to the wall, don't talk to strange men in toilets, keep a paper trail of everything including bowel movements and keep on invoicing for as long as possible.

(I will be keeping tuned in to this thread though )
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Jolly good, keep your head down, your back to the wall, don't talk to strange men in toilets, keep a paper trail of everything including bowel movements and keep on invoicing for as long as possible.

(I will be keeping tuned in to this thread though )
                    Roger that.

Comment

CRs written and approved. Test plans written for COB Friday 29th.
                      Code complete Monday.
                      SIT Tuesday. All tests passed and filed with test evidence.
                      UAT this afternoon. All tests passed and filed with test evidence.
                      Deployment scheduled for tomorrow 5pm. Just writing the deployment pack now.

Slicker than a chased greased hog.

Comment

Working...
                      X