• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If we are all leaving...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Old York ?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      A colleague of mine has sold up and is moving to New Zealand.

Question. Where is Old Zealand?
      Methinks this is is derived from the costal provence of the Southern Netherlands called Zeeland.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
        Where is Old York ?

Um, England I think.

Comment

If everyone who is thinking or leaving, or the 5 million who have, actually protested in the streets then perhaps we would get the country we want run in the way we want.

The reality is, IMPO, that a handful of way too politically correct people are ******* the country up for all of us by not putting criminals in jail, by giving criminals everything they seem to want, by giving scroungers lots of money, by deriding all the values that many of us hold dear and which made this country great....

It is THOSE people we should be kicking out.

When did we all decide that sending criminals to jail for long times was no longer a good idea? Was there a vote on it? I don't recall anyone asking our opinion on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            A colleague of mine has sold up and is moving to New Zealand.

Question. Where is Old Zealand?
            I'm sure you were being facetious, but it's in Denmark.

Either New or Old Zealand are vastly superior alternatives to this toilet formally known as the UK.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I begrudge the £1000+ a week it cost to keep the feckers there, prison reform is what we need somthing along the lines of a jap PoW camp, they can sort the railways out at the same time!
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by PropertyCrashUK
                The reality is, IMPO, that a handful of way too politically correct people are ******* the country up for all of us by not putting criminals in jail
                But they can't. There are not enough cells.

Read the news - they are actively trawling 'Young Offenders' institutions and trying to find the least scummy, scumbags to release early!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  It seems everyone on here agrees the country has gone to the dogs under Nu Lie and we all want to get out, so the question is:

Where is the best place to live in terms of relative safty, cost of living, standard of living, ability to make a living, culture, climate food etc?

Following Hannah Pool's article in the Evening Standard the other day slagging off Australia on the basis of visiting Sidney 5 years ago, I think I want to live there for most of the reasons she dislikes it.
                  Quite tricky to get in for contractors I'm told even if you're on the skills hotlist, for some reason they prefer people in permie jobs?

Comment

I hate the pc mess this country has become, you can't even trip over blind people these days, or punch spastics in the face.
                    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

New Zealand has it's own problems - a lot of the locals are poorly educated, property prices are (relatively) high and wages are low, crime is actually much worse than in the UK but not as much of it get reported etc.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X