• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What number?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever number you ask or are offered, it's not worth the crap.
    Concentrate on moving up the value chain as an independent operator.
    Be your own man and walk proud or you'll turn into a saddo like MF.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

£150k plus package.

You know that if you take it, you'll be back contracting again within a year anyway.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        My day rate is high enough to make that a very unlikely outcome.
        So why the dilemma?

CIO: oracleslave, would you like to earn less?
        You: no.

Comment

Depends on what your expectations will be from the role, at your level, it might be easier to see what they are willing to offer.

It also gives you an indication of what they think you are worth.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Well, been onsite in this contract since February. CIO from the US is out this week and wants to take me to dinner to discuss more permanent arrangements.

No idea what number to suggest to him I might consider going perm for. As ever in these situations, the risk of offending him/the company is quite high. I don't think they can afford me so need to strike the balance right of making that clear whilst at the same time not pissing them off. Also need to cover the remote possibility that if they say yes to the number it's something I'd be happy with.

Decisions decisions. Suity..what would you do? Any less experienced opinions?
            Ask him what sort of package he's willing to offer.

He's courting you, not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
            X