• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC World Cash Back... What is the point.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    <snip>

actual cost to me £1085 roughly....

and at that price it was very hard to turn down.....
    Impressive!

This from Pee See world ?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Yes, the ads pull you in to the store.

They did a really bad job of selling you an alternative product, which is their intent

EDIT: also, are they EVER cheaper than buying online from Amazon? So you have to wait 24 hours to get the item
      I bought my Toshiba laptop from there last year - current laptop had died and I needed one as I was flying off to the client site. Was significantly cheaper than anywhere else that I could find.

In an ideal world, I'd have had a custom laptop built, but I needed something that week and this one was £200 to £300 cheaper than anything else comparable.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
        I bought my Toshiba laptop from there last year - current laptop had died and I needed one as I was flying off to the client site. Was significantly cheaper than anywhere else that I could find.

In an ideal world, I'd have had a custom laptop built, but I needed something that week and this one was £200 to £300 cheaper than anything else comparable.
        Well fair enough, I guess I just never think of using them

Comment

Impressive!

This from Pee See world ?
          yep. It was just a matter of adding all the potential discounts available on Black Friday last year...

10% discount to match apple's price.
          10% cashback being offered from pc world on a cashback site for any laptop purchase.
          8% saving by buying discounted gift card earlier in the week knowing about the latter offer.

The VAT is from being on flat rate VAT and going over £2000 (I bought an ipad 4 and network cable at the same time)

Granted I hit lucky and saved £150 more than I expected to because of black friday but it merely took a little bit of preparation....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well fair enough, I guess I just never think of using them
            always worth a look - just use it as 'another' option though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              Twice in a month, I've wanted to give them my money and they don't have the item available. edit : I actually emailed their Customer Support at the end of last week to ask WTF is going on.
              Maybe they were just trying to increase footfall and then sell you some extended warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                10% discount to match apple's price.
                10% cashback being offered from pc world on a cashback site for any laptop purchase.
                8% saving by buying discounted gift card earlier in the week knowing about the latter offer.

Multiple discounts allowed in one items? Rookie retailer error alert...

Comment

Working...
                X