• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nach oder zu?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    Eine yummy Pizza zum Mitnehmen bitte.

FTFY
    Danke aber nicht, all to often I hear folks say bitte in the middle, warum? Ich weiß nicht.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Das gleiche
      You've only been in the country five minutes, where's all the knowledge coming from? Are you learning?

Grüß gott
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        That makes good sense to me -
        It's all Greek to me

Comment

Danke aber nicht, all to often I hear folks say bitte in the middle, warum? Ich weiß nicht.
          I'll take your word for it - it's been 20 years since I lived and worked in Germany. I would always have put the bitte at the end of the sentence, though - is it wrong or just uncommon?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
            I'll take your word for it - it's been 20 years since I lived and worked in Germany. I would always have put the bitte at the end of the sentence, though - is it wrong or just uncommon?
            Twenty years could come to pass I'd still not know.

These days when I hear people talking I'm thinking oh their speaking English. Then as they get closer I hear it's still Deutsch. It's weird the ear just starts to tune in even though their speaking too fast for me.

Comment

Getz bin ich richtig meschugge im Kopp von de ganze Gelaber.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Twenty years could come to pass I'd still not know.

These days when I hear people talking I'm thinking oh their speaking English. Then as they get closer I hear it's still Deutsch. It's weird the ear just starts to tune in even though their speaking too fast for me.
                I tried going to the hairdressers the other day.
                Google translate does not work as well as we think it does.
                The lady looked a little puzzled by my request when I showed her my phone, but she worked it out.
                Best bit of advice, don't ask for a grade 5. Over here (in Germany) it means 5mm, not the number of the thingy on the end of the clippers!
                Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

You've only been in the country five minutes, where's all the knowledge coming from? Are you learning?

Grüß gott
                  I try and read, listen to and speak a little German every day. I'm currently reading Moby Dick in German

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
                    I tried going to the hairdressers the other day.
                    Google translate does not work as well as we think it does.
                    The lady looked a little puzzled by my request when I showed her my phone, but she worked it out.
                    Best bit of advice, don't ask for a grade 5. Over here (in Germany) it means 5mm, not the number of the thingy on the end of the clippers!
                    In England grade 5 also means 5mm.

HTH
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      I try and read, listen to and speak a little German every day. I'm currently reading Moby Dick in German

Well done you.

Comment

Working...
                      X