• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So another Tory Government

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Exactly. Markets are controlled by the large corporates aided and abetted by EU legislation that piles huge costs onto new companies entering markets.
    Legislation isn't the reason for widespread market failures in the real world. Most existing markets, even fairly competitive ones, have a high cost of entry even before legislative burden is considered, and much legislation is aimed at keeping markets free and transparent and preventing their abuse as well as protecting the consumer from sharp practices.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      So actually, what YOU want is a free trade zone, and what I want is a free trade zone, and what lots of other tory bastards (as some would call us) like you and me all over northern Europe want is a free trade zone, but we can't yet agree on the mechanism to achieve that?
      The obvious mechanism would be to leave the one we have alone and stop trying to **** it up.

Interestingly, there is an example where harmonization of tax rates has actually worked out quite well, customs tariffs for goods entering the single market.
      Last edited by doodab; 13 November 2013, 16:48.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        What you seem to be saying there is that other EU countries don't let themselves get pushed around by Brussels, and I think that's largely true. So why does Britain let itself get pushed around? Is that the fault of the EU or the British government?
        I think you'll find that its the British government. A recent report (which I can't find now) showed that Britain is the country that follows the most Brussels edicts, Why? I can't explain...

BTW, for those who say that the EU pushes its laws onto the UK, its true bit its not as bad as in some countries. The following is from 2012 showing the percentage of EU law that is UK law:

UK – 15.5%
        Denmark – 14%
        Austria – 10.6%
        Germany – 39.1%

An easy to read article on EU law and how it is implemented in the UK: BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Q&A: How UK adopts EU laws
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I think you'll find that its the British government. A recent report (which I can't find now) showed that Britain is the country that follows the most Brussels edicts, Why? I can't explain...

BTW, for those who say that the EU pushes its laws onto the UK, its true bit its not as bad as in some countries. The following is from 2012 showing the percentage of EU law that is UK law:

UK – 15.5%
          Denmark – 14%
          Austria – 10.6%
          Germany – 39.1%

An easy to read article on EU law and how it is implemented in the UK: BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Q&A: How UK adopts EU laws
          UK policitians don't want us to know that and to know the fact they work in cross-country political groups to get certain laws as EU legislation.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            BBC News - Bank of England says the UK recovery has taken hold

If that continues it will pretty much win the next general election. They have dealt with the economy. What will Balls et all moan about now?
            The Labour party will always create new victims, then pose as their saviour and throw more taxpayers money at them while they feed at the trough themselves. It's what they do.

Comment

Working...
            X