• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bonkers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Well it worked, I have in my hand a piece of paper.

PS
    DNA test from the Jeremy Kyle show?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Cliphead in Scottish Soldier First World War mode . 'Och British Tommy, you'll be fine, just calmly stand up & walk towards them, y'know it makes sense'
      Don't forget the pipes, made 'em think twice before opening up with the machine guns and mowing them down
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        You can't manage stress but are about to go into the most stressful environment there is (investment banking) working for a group of people who will happily eat you alive, work you to the bone and spit you out at the first opportunity or chance to get someone cheaper in.

But apart from those minor issues its going to go swimmingly. And to be honest this is not us trying to knock you down we just don't think its the best contract out of the options available....
        You're stressing me out.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You're stressing me out.
          Even I choose not to work in Investment Banking. But, don't worry, you'll be fine.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You're stressing me out.
            When's your first day, suity?

Comment

Don't let them get to you. Most investment bankers are pussy cats. It's the front office that attracts the sociopaths and workaholics. And you passed the interview, so they must like you.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Don't let them get to you. Most investment bankers are pussy cats. It's the front office that attracts the sociopaths and workaholics. And you passed the interview, so they must like you.

They did outbid the other pimp. Also they have requested I fly out on Sunday so as to be fresh for the Monday as we are meeting with the senior stakeholder at 10am. This removes risk of delayed flights, traffic etc.

The agreement is they pick up the flights, I pick up the accomodation. So as this incurred one extra night's accomodation they have already suggested they pick up this cost. I think it shows courtesy, so I already feel ok about it.

And a little hard work never hurt anyone. Been bored titless on this gig, so a few weeks of being so busy my eyes bleed should be a refreshing change. And it's doing development work which I miss so the change also here will be refreshing.

It's an opportunity, the likes of which I have not seen in my 16 years. A chance to break into banking, paved by the niche skills I have acquired.

Put it this way, if I took the safer option I'd always be wondering "what if?". If I crash and burn then at least I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  When's your first day, suity?
                  Monday ole son.

Comment

Banana:
                    "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
                    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

They did outbid the other pimp. Also they have requested I fly out on Sunday so as to be fresh for the Monday as we are meeting with the senior stakeholder at 10am. This removes risk of delayed flights, traffic etc.

The agreement is they pick up the flights, I pick up the accomodation. So as this incurred one extra night's accomodation they have already suggested they pick up this cost. I think it shows courtesy, so I already feel ok about it.

And a little hard work never hurt anyone. Been bored titless on this gig, so a few weeks of being so busy my eyes bleed should be a refreshing change. And it's doing development work which I miss so the change also here will be refreshing.

It's an opportunity, the likes of which I have not seen in my 16 years. A chance to break into banking, paved by the niche skills I have acquired.

Put it this way, if I took the safer option I'd always be wondering "what if?". If I crash and burn then at least I tried.
                      So to cut a long post short. They've offered you some extra sweets and a chance to see a puppy. I think they call that 'grooming'. I'll get you the number for SEOPS.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X