• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron's vision for Britain ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Well indulge me then. Do you think the private sector runs services better than the public sector? Simply saying that the private sector is not the answer to the problem offers nothing. Is this how you deal with problems on a day to day basis? By telling everyone what won't work? No wonder you are stuck on CUK.
    Asserting that something won't work without offering a "better" solution is a perfectly valid position and thank goodness stops crap ideas being implemented.

Comment

Well indulge me then. Do you think the private sector runs services better than the public sector?
      As I already said

sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't.
      Is that too nuanced for you?

Simply saying that the private sector is not the answer to the problem offers nothing. Is this how you deal with problems on a day to day basis? By telling everyone what won't work? No wonder you are stuck on CUK.
      I'm not "Simply saying that the private sector is not the answer" at all. Your simply making that up because you are simply too simple to understand simple sentences.

I actually pointed out one key difference between our system and ones that work better, and I also pointed out that whether the provision is public or private isn't a particularly important factor.

The reason for this seems to be that our system is funded out of central taxation, and the budget is set by the treasury. Other systems (whether delivered private or public sector or a mixture, it doesn't seem to matter too much) that are funded by specific healthcare / social insurances perform better not because they are more efficient at allocating resources but because their different funding mechanisms result in more money being spent on healthcare.

Up to a certain point it really is a case of you get what you pay for.
      I suggest you stop worrying about healthcare and start worrying about adult literacy instead, because it appears that you can't read.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        As I already said

Is that too nuanced for you?

I'm not "Simply saying that the private sector is not the answer" at all. Your simply making that up because you are simply too simple to understand simple sentences.

I actually pointed out one key difference between our system and ones that work better, and I also pointed out that whether the provision is public or private isn't a particularly important factor.

I suggest you stop worrying about healthcare and start worrying about adult literacy instead, because it appears that you can't read.

I think you should first read what you have written before you start casting stones about literacy
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Asserting that something won't work without offering a "better" solution is a perfectly valid position and thank goodness stops crap ideas being implemented.
          Does that mean we should take Russel Brand seriously?
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I think you should first read what you have written before you start casting stones about literacy
            I think you are the one with the comprehension issue.

Just because one thing doesn't work it doesn't mean another thing will work either. There are examples where a mixture of the two achieve the best outcome.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Just because one thing doesn't work it doesn't mean another thing will work either. There are examples where a mixture of the two achieve the best outcome.
              Just to make it even more complicated, there are also examples where a mixture of the two makes for a fooking expensive mess.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The public v private debate again. It always descends to name-calling and never ends.

What was this thread originally about? Was it Cameron's supposed vision for eternal austerity in the UK, while he and his mates jolly it up at banquets? Or was that a figment of the OP's imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That is not what I said. If you had any emotional intelligence you will see that I am simply trying to clarify what people are saying.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It seems to me that what you are saying is that the two bodies (private and public) are the same.
                    Is there really any difference now? With the proliferation of PFI and the secondment of private company employees working in the public sector and vice versa I think the lines are pretty much blurred. As it is, public sector services seem to be slowly being privatised, everyone knows about railways and power but there are such services like the government owned oil and gas pipelines or the defense procurement agencies or your court appointed lawyer or your prisons which are, or have been, privatised without much fanfare.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      The public v private debate again. It always descends to name-calling and never ends.

What was this thread originally about? Was it Cameron's supposed vision for eternal austerity in the UK, while he and his mates jolly it up at banquets? Or was that a figment of the OP's imagination?
                      The dispute arose from OLd G's assertion that because the Tories were cutting back on public services they were revealing an agenda to get rid of them altogether. The lefties then plunged in to defend the public sector and felt it my duty to put them to the sword

Comment

Working...
                      X