• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shut the window you're letting in the cold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The correct parallel is that dark is lack of light.

HTH

BIDI
    I'd so fail GCSE physics
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I'd so fail GCSE physics
      And English Language.

Comment

And English Language.
        Was ist es?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

To which i replied 2nd law of thermodynamics, the heat is getting out.
          I thought the second law was to do with entropy?

I'd so fail GCSE physics
          Having looked at the bollox that Bacchus minor had to learn, so would I, despite an engineering degree and qualifying as a science teacher with physics to A level...

And English Language.
          I believe that this poster may not be English... there's a clue in the username.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            Surely the second law of thermodynamics, is that you don't talk about thermodynamics
            No that's the first law of thermodynamics
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

And English Language.
              His English is passable in a demotic way.
              He'd definitely fail maths though.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                His English is passable in a demotic way.
                He'd definitely fail maths though.
                Do you mean score less than Grade C or Grade G?

Comment

Quantum Physics changed all that, now if the window is open the cat might or might not be dead, depending what floor you are on.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Presumably if you open a window in totally still air then you get convection. Hot air flowing out of the top of the window will be matched by an equal volume flowing in at the bottom.
                    Are you talking about SASGuru?
                    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 8 November 2013, 09:52.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      No that's the first law of thermodynamics
                      No it's the 2nd. Honestly you people. The higher energy state in the heat is seeking an equilibrium with that of the cold outside, i.e. a higher state of entropy or the loss of ability to do work.

If the cold was getting in the fridge would be out of business!

The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system never decreases, because isolated systems spontaneously evolve toward thermodynamic equilibrium
                      Look if you still don't get it, I can't help you. Stick to IT.

Comment

Working...
                      X