• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leftist propoganda?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Secretary Frances O’Grady said: “The UK is in the midst of a living standards crisis, and while the economy is slowly starting to recover, ordinary people are a long way from feeling any benefit.

“Money is so tight that any unforeseen expenses – like a winter coat for the children or repairing a broken cooker – are forcing families to borrow just to keep their heads above water.”
    How is a winter coat an unforeseen expense?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Mine was a bar tab I'd forgotten about at the Red Lion.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Maybe Dodgy nicked their last coat while they were queuing for the food bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Maybe Dodgy nicked their last coat while they were queuing for the food bank.
          I always make sure that I leave a restaurant with a smarter coat than the one I wore when I came in.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            I always make sure that I leave a restaurant with a smarter coat than the one I wore when I came in.
            Except when you're blind dating Kent Phillip.

Comment

Stumbling and Mumbling: Living Wage macroeconomics

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                There's no such thing as macro economics.

Comment

What should really happen is that companies get tax credit for the amount of NI/PAYE their employees pay that can be offset against Corp Tax that company pays.

This would encourage employment in this country and will be good for shareholders.

There would be no point to pay higher PAYE taxes in order to reduce corp tax, so I reckon tax cheating will be limited and those firms that help generate tax take by providing employment will be rewarded appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    BUT there is no account taken of the reduction in corporation tax
                    It's possible that it was taken into account but the article did not mention it.

My guess would be that Treasury can get 70%+ in indirect taxes from the person who gets a bit more money on top of minimum wage, where as corp tax is optional for some people and those who pay it will do so at 20% rate at best.

Comment

Working...
                    X