• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The backlash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dundee what a great line

Bob (just give us yer fockin munny, there's rulers in africa who only have very small fleets of limousines) Geldof).

thanks

Comment

"The people who are selling these tickets on websites are miserable wretches who are capitalising on people's misery: I am appealing to their sense of decency to stop this disgusting greed," Geldof said.
      But eBay had insisted it was doing nothing wrong by allowing the sales, arguing it was "a fundamental right for someone to be able to sell something that is theirs".
      Before deciding to cancel sales of Live 8 tickets, the online auctioneer had said it was allowing the sale "because we live in a free market where people can make up their own minds about what they would like to buy and sell.
      "A ticket to the Live 8 concert is no different from a prize won in a raffle run by another charity and what the winner chooses to do with it is up to them."
      But Geldof told the Guardian: "What they're doing is capitalising on the misery of millions. Although they have offered us their margin I don't want it. They can shove it up their arse. It's just pimping.

The poor bloke is increasingly going bonkers

I thought the whole point was not to raise money but to increase awareness of the causes of the Make Poverty History campaign but it now seems they have decided to cash in themselves by producing T-shirts and other souvenirs.

Comment

Breaking News

Bidders who tried to prevent the sale of Live 8 tickets on auction website eBay have had their accounts suspended.......

Comment

A man on the radio today said that the 2 million who texted for tickets covered the admin costs of the event. What admin costs? Are stagehands, police, venue management, printers and the rest capitalising on the misery of millions too?

Comment

The people who are selling these tickets on websites are miserable wretches who are capitalising on people's misery
            I don't see how, unless I've missed a vital part of the story. Will the intended recipients of the money (directly or indirectly) receive less because someone decides to sell their ticket? If not, then so what?

Comment

Bidders who tried to prevent the sale of Live 8 tickets on auction website eBay have had their accounts suspended.......

sounds fair to me, they obviously aren't interested in trading so they should be suspended. In fact they should be sued by the people who were selling the tickets, for their loss.

Comment

they should be sued by the people who were selling the tickets, for their loss.
                I believe that they can be.

That would be interesting. As well as teaching them a lesson, they could counter-sue Saint Bob.

Comment

Ebay is full of dodgy scammers, crooks and assorted chavs.

paypal me £2500 1 pair of tickets i broke my leg so cant go send to [email protected]
                  What an utter coont.

Comment

What if I sold my two tickets on eBay for more than the price I paid, with the intention of handing over half my profits as a further donation.

What would St Bob's stance be on that?

Comment

He'd say you were coont. Hand over ALL of your cash. Coont.

Comment

Working...
                      X