• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London house prices rocket 10% in just one month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    The market can be irrational and unpredictable. Who would have thought in 2005 that most of the largest banks in the world would have been bankrupted or nationalised a few years later. You are the typical naive investor who is the last to buy at the high.
    Why do you call me a 'naive investor'? You have no idea if I own property and if I do when/where I purchased it so that's quite an uninformed statement to make. Indeed nobody can predict the future and of course markets for all asset classes go up and down, but I would hope you are aware that all asset classes are supported by FUNDAMENTALS. It is fundamentals that support the long term trend and the current FUNDAMENTALS for London property point to increasing prices for the next few years at least. I would say you are the type of investor who fights fundamentals rather than going with the trend and making a bomb. Make the trend your friend and enjoy good profits, when the trend(Fundamentals) change, you adjust accordingly. Simples

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
      House prices in London have jumped by 10 per cent in the last month alone, according to data from Rightmove.

The data shows prices in the capital have risen by £50,484, on average, to £544,232 since mid-September.

The competition for London property right now is unbelievable and I hope unsubstainable. Yesterday my client was gazumped within 45 minutes of having her offer accepted.

London house prices rocket 10% in just one month | News | Mortgage Strategy
      Lucky then that I live where I do. Prices are so stagnant and commercial properties going cheaper than houses. Bit of a commute if I worked in London - but isn't that what HS2 is about...increasing house prices!
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Probably at a similar point to the one that forced you to be a middle-aged low-level developer
        You're a jealous little runt aren't you?

Comment

Working...
        X