• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roy Hodgson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I'm surprised people actually think Hodgson is any good for England!

They should sack him and bring in Harry Redknapp. Hodgson will guarantee the typical long ball football that has plagued the England team for years. Put them up against any of the top 20 sides and see how qualified they are in launching it as far up field as possible.

England won't win with Harry Redknapp but I am sure he will get them passing the ball and actually playing football!
    Harry himself admits he has no international experience and says Roy is the man for the job, on what grounds should he be sacked when he's done well so far?

As far as I can see he's got them clicking and playing to their strengths even if that does rely on pinpoint long balls and quick wingers, we don't have a Messi or even a Bale to rely on.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Harry himself admits he has no international experience and says Roy is the man for the job, on what grounds should he be sacked when he's done well so far?

As far as I can see he's got them clicking and playing to their strengths even if that does rely on pinpoint long balls and quick wingers, we don't have a Messi or even a Bale to rely on.
      So England's strength is parking the bus in order to get as far into the tournament as possible and then to lose on penalties..... I'd rather they went out a bit earlier but trying to play some decent football.

Bring scholes out of retirement and play him next to carrick - best passers of the ball in England by a country mile.

Comment

PFA are very (possibly too) sensitive.

I saw Reginald D Hunter on Wednesday night, and part of this act was how people can go looking for things to be offended at.

Reginald D Hunter PFA gig: Comedian defends use of N-word | Mail Online

He went on to say that "Kick it out" isn't the best name for this kind of initiative, and offered "Lynch it out" as an alternative.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

so far I am yet to see anyone but stuck up middle class di<k wads get upset about his use of the N word

fooking coonts

Comment

It's not just the PFA suity, it's some of the other anti-racist organisations as well, like FARE and Jason Roberts (the one-man naughty word inspector). You'll have heard from them over the past few days.

The trouble is, the do-gooders are trying to make something out of nothing again, and nearly everyone realises it.

So, now they are getting a reputation for bleating about nothing, when something really does need attention people are going to start assuming it's more of the same.

Comment

And another thing about Jason Roberts. He said something along the lines of we can expect it from a 66-year-old man.

That's age-descrimination and you'd think Roberts, being ready to jump all over any word he hears out of place, would know better.

Roy can't help being 66, any more than Roberts can help being black, and zeity can help being a lizard.

Comment

So England's strength is parking the bus in order to get as far into the tournament as possible and then to lose on penalties..... I'd rather they went out a bit earlier but trying to play some decent football.

Bring scholes out of retirement and play him next to carrick - best passers of the ball in England by a country mile.
                Biased much!

Steven Gerrard?

I'd rather they played in a way that gives them the best chance of winning, if that means a cautious approach and feeding monkeys so be it.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Yes let's. And Gazza, best unlocker of defences with his mazy dribbles by a country mile.

And Mick Channon, who lives in the country, miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    PFA are very (possibly too) sensitive.

I saw Reginald D Hunter on Wednesday night, and part of this act was how people can go looking for things to be offended at.

Reginald D Hunter PFA gig: Comedian defends use of N-word | Mail Online

He went on to say that "Kick it out" isn't the best name for this kind of initiative, and offered "Lynch it out" as an alternative.
                    He is not only funny but he is very clever. he uses the fact that he is black to pour scorn on taboos and political correctness. The right on PC brigade who do not have the wit to understand the meaning of communication are totally confused. These people seem to think that they can impose rules on what we say and the words we use. What Hunter does is to show that human communication is far more subtle and contextual than these people can even begin to understand.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      He is not only funny but he is very clever. he uses the fact that he is black to pour scorn on taboos and political correctness. The right on PC brigade who do not have the wit to understand the meaning of communication are totally confused. These people seem to think that they can impose rules on what we say and the words we use. What Hunter does is to show that human communication is far more subtle and contextual than these people can even begin to understand.
                      Oh dear...WHS +1

A lot of these PC / anti-racist / anti-whatever doesn't fit our agenda are more right wing thinking than the EDL, BNP, NF, etc...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X