• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever had your backdoor bashed in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Once locked myself out and had to take a hammer to the window to get in. Obviously put a new pane in myself, plus some dirty rotter once forced my back door in on a rented property and nicked my telly. Double glazed at present house so more difficult.

Anyone else had any back door issues?
    Nobody has ever managed to break in via the back or front door, they are too strong and secure however, after trying they have smashed windows and removed tiles from the roof to gain entry.
    I have fitted CCTV and alarms that are remote controlled and will send text messages in the set up zones. I even get a text and email if someone presses the door bell complete with picture. I can even talk to them remotely from my mobile or listen and watch my place being robbed.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

NO, they came in through the dining room window.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Nobody has ever managed to break in via the back or front door, they are too strong and secure however, after trying they have smashed windows and removed tiles from the roof to gain entry.
        I have fitted CCTV and alarms that are remote controlled and will send text messages in the set up zones. I even get a text and email if someone presses the door bell complete with picture. I can even talk to them remotely from my mobile or listen and watch my place being robbed.
        Where the hell do you live ?

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
          Where the hell do you live ?
          North Tottenham IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Do you have a panic room too?
            Blood in your poo

Comment

I also had to smash in my mums front window when I was young- she lost her keys. Actually I had to stuff myself into it. It was a tight fit i can tell you. My dad pushed my feet and I went in head first.

I've also smashed in her cat flap. Again when I was locked out. I cut myself doing that and bled all over her carpet.

Comment

Working...
              X