• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Possibly - it's early days for us & foreign holidays!
    Check out the Adventure Company family holidays. We've done three with them and they're excellent. All the holidays I've done with them have had some single parents on.
    But when you go somewhere like India, you do know your child won't be as safe in terms of road travel, potential health risks etc - it's a case of balancing those risks with the benefits of the holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
      You can actually see the wall in the photo.
      Sorry, I should have clarified - only the first pic opened for me - it isn't clear on that one.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Sorry, I should have clarified - only the first pic opened for me - it isn't clear on that one.
        No I agree, and I wouldn't have noticed the one in the picture had you not said it, made me look closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
          I didn't realise they left them like that every night at 8.30
          Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Check out the Adventure Company family holidays. We've done three with them and they're excellent. All the holidays I've done with them have had some single parents on.
          But when you go somewhere like India, you do know your child won't be as safe in terms of road travel, potential health risks etc - it's a case of balancing those risks with the benefits of the holiday.
          Thanks, I will have a look actually. I would never take a small child to India; I'm breaking out into stress hives at the idea of it! Not got the mettle for that sort of carry on
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

^^ I didn't mean to do that multi quote !
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              The 50 metres thing is wonky, it seems to be "as the crow flies". They couldn't see the apt from where they were. The map they showed on CW the other night showed exactly where the tapas bar & apts were situated. I'll see if I can find a link.
              So had they had a line of sight to the door of their apartment they would have been free of criticism?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                So had they had a line of sight to the door of their apartment they would have been free of criticism?
                Nope. Not from my end.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Out of interest, does anyone else ever leave their kids' bedroom windows open at night in very hot weather?
                  We do but only the top small window and there is no access to that side of the house without coming through a locked gate or over a 7 foot fence. Our living room window faces out onto where a ladder would need to be positioned as well.

Although we were more worried about them climbing out than anyone else climbing in!
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

It is good to see the Jury is out. The guilty of neglect case that the Mccanns seem to be answerable to is being reviewed by all you jolly responsible parents.

What you have to consider m'lud are these questions:

1. What is a permissable length of time can you take your eye off your kids? Is it 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 45 minutes or 1.0000000000.19999 minutes?
                    2. What were they doing when they were absent from their kids? were they working? were they attending church? or were they god forbid enjoying themselves eating dinner with friends?
                    3 In the time that they were away from their kids did they have a line of site to the door of their apartment?
                    4. How often if at all did they go back to the room to check their kids?
                    5. What horrible foreign country were they in?
                    6. What sort of place were they staying? Was it an apartment in the midddle of a city of paedos or was it in a gated area on a holiday site?

Now remember there are a lot of people who are disgusted by the behaviour of the Mccanns so we must get this right. We need to establish at what point the Mcanns fell over the boundary of what is acceptable parental behaviour (to the sanctimonious judgemental affluent middle class parents with serious personal issues about their own parenting) and what is an abandonment of responsibility. Once we have established this we can then sentence them (you have lost your child and it is your fault so we throw you to the mob) or dismiss them and see if anyone else may be responsible for the abduction of Madeleine.
                    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 16 October 2013, 12:40.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      ... Once we have established this we can then sentence them (you have lost your child and it is your fault so we throw you to the mob) or dismiss them and see if anyone else may be responsible for the abduction of Madeleine.
                      I see where you are coming from but I think you are twisting phrases slightly here, no one has claimed that the parents were responsible for the actual abduction (if there was one).
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X