• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

my permie job offer fell through

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my permie job offer fell through

I have been agonising for weeks about an offer for a permie role, I want the job but I also want the contractor lifestyle.

I told them today that I accepted the job but that I needed to put xK into the business to pay tax, xK to pay the accountant, and xK for the tax breaks after a year plus living expenses.

They replied 'We are over a barrel here - would you consider a rolling contract untill you are able to accept our offer?"

ker ching

Those contractor Gods are smiling, well done.
    untill you are able to accept our offer
    What do we reckon, about 5 years should do the trick...

(oops, shouldn't have mentioned God - down Chico...) 8o

Comment

Mordy, I think you got away with that one!

Comment

Sounds like the criteria for GBP entry into the euro - when the time is right............

Comment

Good on you fulla

Enjoy the weekend

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Working...
          X